Is it true Floyd Mayweather Jr, Roy Jones Jr have gone an entire round w/o being hit?

Icelking***

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ricky Hatton fight. One of the rounds he threw 5 punches and landed 0

Roy jones was the Paz fight. I think rd 4 or 5 Paz only threw about 10-15 punches but jones was too good.

Willy Pep was the first to do that, if I am not mistaken, only his opponent threw many more punches than what Mayweather and Jones faced when they did it. The article says "in compubox history" which is only the last 25 years.

Willy Pep was the first to do that, if I am not mistaken, only his opponent threw many more punches than what Mayweather and Jones faced when they did it. The article says "in compubox history" which is only the last 25 years.

I think your right, cause when Jones did it I remember people were he wasn't the first and Jim lamprey has said he was the first and some people were pissed that he said that.

Edit: it wasn't Jim lamprey it was the showtime team. They said 5 throw and 0 landed. It was in rd 4.

Poor Paz, All Heart in this fight but watch the KO.

Last edited:
Thats just one of the reasons why I have them as the top 2 fighters of all time

Thats just one of the reasons why I have them as the top 2 fighters of all time

Ali, Robinson, RJJ, Mayweather are 4 alltime best boxers right there man. Wish Ali hadn't wasted three of his prime years fighting in court, but I guess he had no choice back then.

Thanks for those videos Ratman.

I think it's more common than that, i doubt floyd and rjj are the only ones to ever go a round without getting hit. What about Leonard-Duran-2, Mosely-Margarito, Hopkins-Pavlik for instance?

Ali, Robinson, RJJ, Mayweather are 4 alltime best boxers right there man. Wish Ali hadn't wasted three of his prime years fighting in court, but I guess he had no choice back then.

Ya to bad about ali, but to me that just went along with how great his legacy is.

Back