Is it time for Dana to step down?

I totally agree, TS. Dana gets crazier by the minute and he has no grip on his emotions at all. Remember the night when he completely slandered his new HW champion on the Fox card because he was upset that Cain lost and it was a minute fight after an hour buildup? I was actually in shock when he said that on camera.

Good luck trying to make your point here though. Most Sherdog posters are nothing but Zuffa zombies. The very idea that someone can do a better job than Dana just does not compute with them.

Dumbest thread EVER

Oh of course, how dare I poise a question of whether or not the org of UFC would be different in other hands. What an idiot I am. Dana's a saint...:redface:

Why is it a "bizarre way to look at things" once stats and buy-rates have consistently fallen over a period of years? Am I now a freak for seeing the obvious? Is that my new super Hero skill????? Or is Dana and the UFC fine cuz they arent on a strait line????

It's a bizarre way of looking at things because when something goes from fantastic to merely just good, that's not typically the time when radical changes would be put into place. As much as any business would love to always do better ultimately you still have to take a step back and make evaluations based on what is and not what was. Just because a few trendlines may not going in the right direction does not mean it's time to press the panic button and clearly the Fertitas haven't.

I totally agree, TS. Dana gets crazier by the minute and he has no grip on his emotions at all. Remember the night when he completely slandered his new HW champion on the Fox card because he was upset that Cain lost and it was a minute fight after an hour buildup? I was actually in shock when he said that on camera.

Good luck trying to make your point here though. Most Sherdog posters are nothing but Zuffa zombies. The very idea that someone can do a better job than Dana just does not compute with them.

Very well put, sir...

I know when I think of slaves, wages just pop into my mind. I wonder what the average wage for a slave was circa 1859?
Anderson Silva money? :icon_chee

Agreed, OP is trolling his DW hatred. Why do you care, OP? Why do you get yourself all wrapped up in Dana White? Ignore him and watch the large number of fights that are available now for our viewing due to DW's hard work.

Horrible thread.

It's a bizarre way of looking at things because when something goes from fantastic to merely just good, that's not typically the time when radical changes would be put into place. As much as any business would love to always do better ultimately you still have to take a step back and make evaluations based on what is and not what was. Just because a few trendlines may not going in the right direction does not mean it's time to press the panic button and clearly the Fertitas haven't.

It's been a clean, clear downward slope....for more than a year or two now...to deny that after the "huge" TV deals and shit is just completely bonkers.

I swear it's crazy that you guys don't realize that he's playing a character

It's been a really long road; do you think Zuffa should find a more professional spokesman for the sport and brand at this point?

Dana started strong and spry, but has been mentally degrading as of late. Do you think he is still the masterful face of the sport, or should Zuffa go with another representative to push their brand who acts more professional to his fans and the media?

Agreed

Dana is the face of the UFC and he still doing quite well to me. For me he don't have to quite.

It's been a clean, clear downward slope....for more than a year or two now...to deny that after the "huge" TV deals and shit is just completely bonkers.

The UFC's numbers have come down mostly because the novelty of watching 2 men fight in a cage has simply worn off for some people. MMA is not a sport that most people grew up with so for a lot of people who were watching at some point they simply did not have the loyal attachment to it as they would for the sports they loved as children. This naturally created a peaking viewership for the UFC in the short term. It really has very little to do with whatever MMA's long term prospects are.

Do you have actual numbers to back up your claims?

Are you privy to some of Zuffa's financials that the rest of us aren't?

Or just Kevin Iole's PPV buyrate speculation?

How can you say everything is on a downward slope when the UFC is executing more TV deals worldwide, expanding TUF to multiple countries, putting on more shows every year, and increasing fighter pay yearly?

You may be correct from a U.S. centric pov that the UFC is flatlining or declining in popularity in the US, but the UFC as a whole is expanding and growing worldwide.

I don't think you can even ask this because Dana is doing awesome. UFC is more popular than ever. He is making so much money. Dana does same some dumb stuff and all that, but he is a boss. And I'm talking about the badass term.

Well, he is def not professional but tbh is any sport? they are all a bunch of thickos imo he's just another arsehole in sports.

Back