Is it safe to say that the loser of Gus/Rumble...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Post 2 Decision, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Black Belt

Isn't going to be in such a bad spot?

UFC would most likely give them a very winnable fight afterwards just to fight Jones off of a win, especially if it's Gus and the fight pretty much needs to happen in the minds of a lot of fans.

What are the chances the loser is given a tougher fight like Rashad/Glover winner (or loser)

Don't think they'd match either guy up with Davis if he beats Bader (rumble already beat him and he's friends/training partners with alex) but Bader would realistically be the toughest matchup for the loser if he wins.

Other than that there's really only Fringe top 10 guys.

This is ignoring Cormier though, dunno what's going to happen with him.

Thoughts?

2. Ozze

Ozze Black Belt

I agree with that. Since there's no one rising, the loser should get a title shot with one more win.

I think Glover is a good fight. Both can beat him and it is a kind of high profile fight.

Or maybe the loser should fight Rashad (assuming he beats Glover) for a title eliminator.

3. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

Since wins and losses don't mean anything, it's quite possible they remain exact same positions they are now.

Only way they wouldn't is if it's a complete 1 sided affair and somebody looks awful.

4. Erick Silva

Erick Silva Green Belt

If one of them gets knock the fuck out, I think he will need more than 1 fight...

5. hto63

hto63 Brown Belt

loser of Gus Rumble should fight DC.

6. OmegaRugal

OmegaRugal Red Belt

Yes I agree ...

it depends HOW the loser loses.

If it's a tough fight and a somewhat close decision lost ... I can see the loser not needing much to get back to a possible title fight.

The best way to get back into title contention would be for the loser to fight Daniel Cormier.

As that will eliminate a possible contender.

7. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Black Belt

I really don't think they'd give the loser Cormier, that's the toughest opponent in the division aside from the champ, and I really don't think they'd risk losing a Gus or Rumble title fight at this point

8. The Accuser

The Accuser Brown Belt

Loser will be built up to challenge Jones after the winner as Gus and Rumble are both the only ones anybody is interested in seeing against Jones.

Loser will get Bader (both have already fought Davis) and then the winner of Rashad vs Texeira. Two good wins should be enough for a ts. DC will be groomed to fight for the title after Gus and Rumble. Will fight either Davis or Bader, then Glover if he loses to Rashad (DC and Rashad won't fight), then one more guy, maybe OSP or Manuwa, and get his rematch.

9. jjjjjjjjjjohnny

jjjjjjjjjjohnny JDP is the CHAMP!

i wouldn't be surprised to see cormier fight the loser of the fight. A rematch with cormier could be built up again - failing that they are going to eliminate a very viable contender - doesn't make sense.

10. The Accuser

The Accuser Brown Belt

Cormier won't fight the loser of Gus vs Rumble because he could kill off the next contender after the winner after this match. And no way will they promote a rematch with DC right after the winner of Gus vs Rumble will have fought Jones.