Is it safe to say Rousey vs Cyborg is going to break UFC PPV Record?

"Who dat?"

-Erbody

No its not safe to say. Cyborg's last ppv sold 4,800 and she is widely unknown.

Screenshot_2015-07-10-14-07-25_zpsvmqw8zth.png

NeoTate's 4th fight with Rousey if she beats Ronda in the 3rd is more likely to break the record.

NeoTate's 4th fight with Rousey if she beats Ronda in the 3rd is more likely to break the record.

She hasn't even come slightly close to 1 million buys? Suddenly she's going to triple what she typically does?? Ahuh

well see zigano get a rematch before she ever faces cyborg

dana will make it hard for cyborg and no. It would do prrhaps 800k

I doubt it. It's Rousey vs. a nobody.

But she looks like a strong man, so they could easily sell that fight. Over a mill? Would be tough.

I really don't think it will, cyborg isn't that big of a name to help ronda with ppv. Gina vs ronda wil do more ppv than ronda vs cyborg

actually funny i was just talking to my friend about this.

the irony that the biggest fight in all of combat sports today could be a womans fight between RRR and cyborg.

what could match it? conor vs aldo among mma cirlces would be more interesting, but ronda is so hot right now with the mainstream.

pac/may 2 might have a shot, but the first fight was so boring and criticized. It was a huge flop for boxing. I doubt the second one if it happens does near close to the same numbers. And nothing else in boxing has a shot really. Nobody else is close to ronda in terms of popularity amongst the casuals. I mean the old el salvadorian guy at work today was asking me if i saw ronda beat up the other girl for god's sake

The only way Rousey vs. Cyborg breaks the ppv record is if it's at UFC 200 with at least 2 other major fights on it. UFC 100 was a fun card but they placed both of their top stars and a TUF coach fight on there. Plus it was the nostalgia of the 100 and the fact the main event was a rematch. Same recipe for why 168 broke 1 million. So you definitely need like a McGregor vs. Aldo 2, and like Anderson or GSP return, with a CM Punk fight to do it.

The only way Rousey vs. Cyborg breaks the ppv record is if it's at UFC 200 with at least 2 other major fights on it. UFC 100 was a fun card but they placed both of their top stars and a TUF coach fight on there. Plus it was the nostalgia of the 100 and the fact the main event was a rematch. Same recipe for why 168 broke 1 million. So you definitely need like a McGregor vs. Aldo 2, and like Anderson or GSP return, with a CM Punk fight to do it.

i'd agree with you until this weekend happened.

ronda was everywhere yesterday and today- espn, news, discussion at work, my mom asking me, ect...... she's on fire right now. she's getting a damn biopic for crying out loud.

ronda was everywhere yesterday and today- espn, news, discussion at work, my mom asking me, ect...... she's on fire right now. she's getting a damn biopic for crying out loud.

I still don't think UFC 190 broke 625,000 buys. UFC 189 did 950,000. MMA isn't Boxing. I don't believe 1 fight can do it because MMA fans like stacked main cards.

Conor did 1m & never did 1/3 of that before
Ronda's popularity has skyrocketed
Weirder things could happen

And if it was Ronda challenging Tate to win back her title they could push the NeoTate angle - 'Tate has evolved beyond ANYTHING seen in MMA before!' :icon_chee

I don't know about break records, but it would do over 1 million buys.

I have never paid for a Rousey card and I'm unlikely to in the future

I'd like to see her face Holly Holm (in a couple of years) more than Cyborg anyway

Does your Mom pay for fight cards? :icon_neut

Back