Is it safe to say Jones just clean out his division

I think he has at most two fights before he should move up. If Anthony Johnson beats Gus, Jones should definitely fight him. Assuming Jones beats him, I think he should do a rematch with Gus. The first fight is still hotly contested (Even though I think Jon Jones won) and we need to see a definitive rematch before he leaves LHW.

Pretty much yeah. The Gus/Rumble winner is the only interesting fight left for him. Then OSP, Davis, and Manuwa will be the only 3 top 10's left for him to fight. I don't see any of those 3 guys giving Jones a good fight, and I don't see any of those 3 matchups drawing in big numbers.

I have a feeling the UFC will pressure him to take a few HW fights or possibly a fight with Weidman.

Not a whole bunch of new blood in that division either. They really need to go out and find some decent LHW's and snatch them up.

I agree with Gus and Rumble, though if those guys were out for a bit, I wish Jones would take a HW fight just for the hell of it like Anderson did when he fought at 205 a couple times. Doesn't have to mean he's making a switch.

Rematch with Gustafsson needs to happen.

Were you crying when you typed that out?

Gus is going to get worked over by Rumble pretty bad.
No, but your post brought tears from all the laughing. At least you support Romo and the 'Boys, so you can't be all bad.

Sounds like you're proposing an account bet to me.

No, but your post brought tears from all the laughing. At least you support Romo and the 'Boys, so you can't be all bad.

Sounds like you're proposing an account bet to me.

I proposed an account bet on what?

Yes. Bones vs Gus 2 would be fun even though IMO Bones won that.

they shud make a weightclass for jones alone

There will always be a new guy that people will get behind.

Rumble wasn't even in anyone's mind until he came back and beat Phil Davis and started people wondering.

Jones cleared the division. The Gus fight was close. He could cement clearing the division by beating the winner of Gus/Rumble but if Jones retired today or moved to HW, he would go down as the greatest LHW of all time.

Pretty much man haha the only guy i see having even a chance with Jones is Rumble. Pretty amazing. Jones has almost completely obliterated the division.

Rumble is the last scary contender besides rematches

A bit dense aren't you? The outcome of Gus/Rumble. I say Gus wins, you say Rumble wins. If your guy loses, you delete your account, same goes for me.

Damn you have a lot of posts in a short time, your life would have a void if u had to delete your account

These calls for a move to HW just always reek of veiled Jones haters wanting to see him take on an unnecessary disadvantage in the hopes he might finally lose allowing them to finally start naysaying his legacy and P4P status.

Rumble is left and Jones probably feels that a fight with Gus is required based on the competitive nature of their first meeting.

But Rumble, well, we'll see. He and Gus are duking it out and that is important.

I'd like Jones to fight Alex, Rumble and DC one more time to be honest. He'd cement GOAT status before even moving up.

Honestly, yes.... it's a hope and a prayer that anyone beats Jones. Though, I'd rather see him be champ than Rumble.

But my guess is Rumble loses to Gus and the rematch decides the fate of 205. Jones beats Gus again, he'll retire undefeated.

These calls for a move to HW just always reek of veiled Jones haters wanting to see him take on an unnecessary disadvantage in the hopes he might finally lose allowing them to finally start naysaying his legacy and P4P status.

It's not an unnecessary disadvantage. It's in the spirit of sportsmanship and martial arts that a guy fights guys his own size. But it is a bit hasty saying he needs to move to HW considering Gus nearly beat Jones and Rumble has the tools to beat Jones too.

Back