Is it safe to say Jones just clean out his division

Jones vs Gus 2 has to happen. Hopefully Rumble doesn't screw that up

Moving to heavyweight would be a waste of his time. Three fights in if he beats Cain, JDS and Werdum, who's he gonna fight? Roy Nelson?

LHW is a far more challenging division.

he could do both divisions

From Machida, Rashad, Gus, Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Glover, Vera, Sonnen, Belfort, and now DC. Bones is ready now for a jump up in division.

No. He still has Gustafsson + New fighters always emerge. I doubt he'll be moving up to heavyweight outside a few 'fun' fights.

The guys a lengthy LHW but he isn't a 'big' LHW.

Let's be honest. Aside from Gus, the division was wiped out when he beat Machida.

Who the hell has Teixeira ever beaten? Sonnen and Belfort were just stand-ins. Rampage basically lost to Machida and get a shot at the title for beating Matt Hamill. And who did Cormier ever beat? He never even fought for the UFC HW title. We certainly had no idea how bad he'd gas after a weight cut.

Only rumble is left. He'll get dealt with like the others. Then the division is clean.

Lol at everyone saying rumble. Rumble has no chance, people have such short term memories.

Jones has cleaned out his division. I don't see Rumble beating him. I would like to see him rematch Gus. Gus gave him the best fight of his career. If Jones beats Gus again he is going to reign for a long time. Jones is the most dominant and impressive LHW Champion in UFC history.

At heavyweight he has a few match ups but I believe he would beat Cain too. The heavyweight division is shallow. After he beats JDS, Cain, and Werdum he would have no challengers. Jones is better off staying where he is; maybe he can accept an occasional super fight at HW.

Lol at everyone saying rumble. Rumble has no chance, people have such short term memories.

Yea pretty much Jones fought versions of Rumble and that is Rampage and Glover. Jones peppered them with his long strikes and avoided all their wild barrage, so Rumble would be no exception

He's cleared it out. Rumble poses no threat whatsoever. Sherdoggers just have short term memories and believe he's some kind of KO machine now.

Yea pretty much Jones fought versions of Rumble and that is Rampage and Glover. Jones peppered them with his long strikes and avoided all their wild barrage, so Rumble would be no exception

Rumble is a Glover/Rampage clone now? I must have missed that memo.

I think Rumble, if he gets a shot, will have Jones in trouble a few times in the fight and hurt badly, but Jones will get clinched up with him and drag/trip him to the mat and pull off a Hail Mary submission. I really strongly believe that Rumble is his biggest threat, and have felt that since Rumble tooled Davis. Knockout power might come in handy if it was a different champion, but the hand-skills that Rumble has and his growing defensive skills (both wrestling and striking) will give Jones problems.

He already cleaned it out after he beat Glover. DC is a "new" contender and so is Rumble. There will always be new guys, that doesn't mean he didn't clean it out. After Rumble, guess what there will be a new guy the UFC shoots up to fight him. A current middleweight or Heavyweight will move up or down to fight him. They will protect OSP and Phil Davis with favorable matchups to create new guys. They will try to fast track Pat Cummy.

Nope...too many people think Gus won their first fight. In my mind, he needs to convincingly beat Gus and Rumble as well.

There's a small chance Rumble gets past Gustafsson but even then I doubt he'd offer Jones anything he hasn't encountered already.

It would be nice to see Jones finishing Gus though.

He's got no one left to challenge him. Either he's go to HW or retire. Gus is not going to beat him. Jones will be a better fighter than he was in the first fight. Rumble will crumble if he fought Jones. Jones is GOAT.

Back