Is it safe to say Jones just clean out his division

Moving to heavyweight would be a waste of his time. Three fights in if he beats Cain, JDS and Werdum, who's he gonna fight? Roy Nelson?

LHW is a far more challenging division.

Yeah, because fights against the likes of Browne, Hunt and Overeem would be not interesting at all. Even Miocis would be a pretty interesting fight.

@topic: Rematch with Gus needs to happen, and Rumble as well... too bad one has to lose soon though.

TS....right now yes. He has cleaned out his division. Rumble not withstanding....if he can make it past Gus. If he were to beat Gus (which I doubt), then JBJ would beat Rumble and put the finishing touches on the division.

UFC needs to be scouting LHW talent a year ago.

You are such a tool. When has Gus ever been in danger of being KO'd? Rumble couldn't KO Arlovski, KO's old man Lil Nog, and now he's a KO machine? Such dumbness.

@TS: Bones barely squeaked by Gus and ran from a rematch. He has to beat Gus and Rumble to clear out the division, which ain't happening.

Were you crying when you typed that out?

Gus is going to get worked over by Rumble pretty bad.

Needs to beat Gus again and take out Rumble. Then IMO he has cleaned out the division and should look at attaining HW gold.

Pretty amazing, actually. I want to see him get KO'd so bad, but god damn he's good. I want to see Rumble vs Jones and Gus vs Jones 2...then, Jones should go up to HW or take some Superfights. Jones/GSP .. Jones/Silva .. Jones/Cain

I think he beats Gus in a rematch or Rumble. After his next fight it'll be cleaned out.

I want him to fight Gus and Rumble still. HW is a trap for any star as there are so few fights to make. HE could own the HW division in like 4 fights, which is really bad.

I don't see anyone left for him at LHW. I wouldn't mind seeing a gus rematch though.

Pretty amazing, actually. I want to see him get KO'd so bad, but god damn he's good. I want to see Rumble vs Jones and Gus vs Jones 2...then, Jones should go up to HW or take some Superfights. Jones/GSP .. Jones/Silva .. Jones/Cain

:eek:

Why not Jones/Penn while we're at it

Half those guys are not even in the division or in the Ufc anymore so I say no

Well he lost to Gus, so no.

Seeing as he barely got past DC and Gus I think he has s little more to do before going up.

Jones has cleaned out the division and is the youngest champ to ever do so. He is the undisputed GOAT of MMA.

Moving to heavyweight would be a waste of his time. Three fights in if he beats Cain, JDS and Werdum, who's he gonna fight? Roy Nelson?

LHW is a far more challenging division.

That's the main issue. Jones just beat the arguable #2 HW, so if he ever moves up to HW, a #1 contender fight and a title shot are the only fights worth his time. But I don't see anybody coming up at LHW. OSP may pan out as a contender, but I doubt it. After Rumble vs. Gus winner, I don't see anyone on the horizon. Honestly, Jones may need to pull a Jordan and retire for 2-3 years, then come back and demolish LHW again.

Yeah, he pretty much has. I still enjoy seeing him fight though. I'd like to see the winner of Gus/Rumble get the shot & then if Phil Davis takes out Bader I'd like to see him get a shot as well. I think Jones takes both but it would be interesting anyway.

I'd like to see the UFC swipe McGeary from Bellator. He's a fun prospect, not a huge challenge yet but he could be. I also have hope for Jan Błachowicz. This time next year, I think Corey Anderson & Marcos De Lima will be fighters to watch as well.

Yes, I am grasping at straws... Sue me.

Were you crying when you typed that out?

Gus is going to get worked over by Rumble pretty bad.

I'm up for a sig bet, because I don't see that happening at all. I think Gus is going to swell up Rumble's face to the size it used to be when he was fat.

Back