Is it safe to assume Lombard and Brown will fight for the next title shot ?

DatSamboKid

Muay Khao
@red
Reaction score
This needs to happen and I'm sure it will. Tyron is fighting Rory at 174 and I'm pretty sure whoever wins that one will get booked for Hendricks.

Brown and Lombard can be legit co-main on the 2nd of August for UFC 176 in LA

Both are my favorite fighters in the WW divison, and I'm split on choosing who.

I'd put it like this, If Lombard can out grapple Shields, he can out grapple Brown, But I do think Browns pressure can be a problem for Lombard going in the late rounds.

Thoughts?

2a8q61s.jpg

VS

bjfy4y.jpg

ROFL for Browns sake I hope he doesnt face Lombard next.

I would rather see Lombard v.s. Woodley, and Brown v.s. McDonald. I think those are better match-ups!!

Lombard and Shields have way too much hype on this site.

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to UFC title shots, no less in a division with 5+ guys who could all make claim to getting one.

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to UFC title shots, no less in a division with 5+ guys who could all make claim to getting one.

Pretty much this.

How about the Ellenberger/Lawler winner vs matt brown. Rory/Twood winner vs Hendricks. Winners fight each other.

Lombard just called out Patrick Cote for crying out loud...dont think he is that title hungry.

Oh god no. Matt Brown is an absolute warrior but no way does he get out of round 1 against Lombard. Lombard would make him look amateurish. He beats him everywhere.

I would love to see that fight, especially if it's a 5 rounder. I can imagine Lombard knocking Brown into hyperspace but if he can survive the first three rounds he could tire him out enough to sub/tko Lombard.

If The Barbarian can make him brain lock, i believe that the insane pressure of Brown could bewilder him into a bigger, stronger version of Melvin Guillard

I think Hector would finish him but I support this fight.

Interesting fight. Both fighters are taking the scenic route to the title

I thought they were looking into Lombard vs DHK

Back