Is it racist to acknowledge physical/cultural differences between races?

It isnt to me. I hear racism being talked about a lot but its difficult for me to acknowledge it as anything but fuel for the judgemental to be used in many ways. I understand the concept n'all but at the same time its a case of huh? What?

It's racist to be super focused on the "just stating facts" kick that people get onto when they're trying to be low-key racist and failing. But generally, context matters a lot, as does intent. It's not enough to say that talking about physical/cultural differences is or isn't racist, but that's obvious to everyone. So really it's just a hard thing to discuss.

Nobody cares when Trudeau did it more than three times and made the racial big lips a huge part of it lol.

man coumo just dropped the N bomb on television and not a single person cares.

It’s selective outrage. It’s not real. It’s fake and manufactured for political gain.

Which Cuomo? Andrew or Fredo?

Let's celebrate diversity!

Acknowledging we're different is racist!

Brilliant.

I've seen people be called racist just for mentioning someone's race. PC culture is pure idiocy. I see morons. They're everywhere but don't know they're morons.

Let's celebrate diversity!

Acknowledging we're different is racist!

Brilliant.

I've seen people be called racist just for mentioning someone's race. PC culture is pure idiocy. I see morons. They're everywhere but don't know they're morons.

Just for mentioning someone's race? Seems kind of extreme, what was the context?

u7ovkwp1ngw31.png

Asians get a pass for drawing Asians as Asians. As for Whites, not so much.

TBH, this sounds more like whining about why one doesn't have blue hair and blond eyes.

The whole it’s not trendy to blame white people for all of societies problems comment smh.

Bad humans are to blame not one race . To make the argument that whites in America had it anywhere as tough as people of color or minorites in general is laughable at best.

Just for mentioning someone's race? Seems kind of extreme, what was the context?
Out for a friend's birthday at a pub. His sister in law is so fucking woke she hasn't slept this year. "Chinese guy" was said by someone and she started to chirp. I walked away because of my allergies to idiots. The first time I heard of anything similar was on the Graham Norton Show when Katy Perry called a comedian "mildly racist" for saying "Asian". It's a communicable disease methinks.

Quite the conundrum if you ask me

The other day some lady helped me out, I need further help so came back in the next day.

The lady that helped me out wasn’t there

me:
shit I forgot her name
The black one. I mean the African American one.
Shit there where more than one.
The fat one. I mean bigger one.
The big African American lady.
Fuccccckkk

We are drawn to people that look like us and are wary of those that don't. It is instinctual.

That said, we have the capacity to see through that. It is a primal instinct. I want to fuck every hot girl I see but I don't rape them.

But do you only want to fuck the hot girls that look like you or even the hot ones that don't?

<23>

It’s all in the eye of the beholder and how offended they want to be. Dave Chappell wears white face in some of his skits and it’s funny. I was not offended by those portrayals. The wayans dressed in white drag in white girls and no one really cared. But black face is wrong on all levels to some. Personally, if the idea is to offend, then it’s wrong-but not illegal and certainly not worthy of the hate and outrage that melts snowflakes. I have been to the hoodrat parties and have seen black students dress as white people. We laughed our asses off. Not offended.

Or what if I want to do an impression of a Chinese person and I squint my eyes and talk in a Chinese accent and pronounce my R's as L's. Is it racist to acknowledge Chinese people have squintier eyes than caucasians on average?

your trying to make the issue a larger one to justify a straightforward issue.

it's understood that a whole lot of asian people consider slant or squinty eyes insulting. what you'd be doing here is not simply acknowledging a physical feature, as you are trying to have it painted as, you are making an insulting gesture, with full knowledge that it is found insulting.

you're insulting people, and no amount of "but i'm just..." makes you the victim there

u7ovkwp1ngw31.png

I mean just take the blackface thing. Let's say I want to go as Shaq for Halloween - I put on a bald cap because he's bald, and I put on some brown face paint because his skin is darker than mine. Where is the racism in acknowledging that African Americans typically have darker skin then Caucasians?

Or what if I want to do an impression of a Chinese person and I squint my eyes and talk in a Chinese accent and pronounce my R's as L's. Is it racist to acknowledge Chinese people have squintier eyes than caucasians on average? I mean there's a big industry in China to get "Westernized" eyes, even Jackie Chan did that shit. And the Chinese accent - it's just a fact that if you grow up speaking Chinese and then learn English, you sound a certain way. I'm sure we sound a certain way when speaking Chinese that's comical to the Chinese.

To me I see this as a lot different than enforcing harmful stereotypes that don't apply broadly across the board, like saying linking African Americans to crime, Muslims to terrorism, gays to annoying lisps, etc.

But acknowledging biological facts, like the relative smallness of Asian eyes, or the difference in colour between white and black people... is that so wrong?

No, it's not racist. Huge difference in acknowledging we all have different characteristics than using said characteristics as a means to insult and undermine.

However as it's already obvious all the crybabys here will make way more out of this than what it is, as usual.

On a side note: Bring back your old AV!

Are we supposed to pretend Asians don’t have slanted eyes because they hate their own faces? WTF people are drinking to be this crazy? It’s on par with having to pretend trannies are real women. Seems like sane white peoples are surrounded by a clown world.

1st of all that girl is a fucking snowflake. Fuck her.

This whole racism/cultural appropiation shit is going too far.

Well, asians don't have yellow skin, so that's kind of offensive I would imagine.

Back