Is it possible UFC has paid posters on public forums?

I get paid $50 bucks to show, and fifty bucks to win the internets.

That doesn't include;

Locker room bonuses
Pay per view cut
Endorsements

as well as other sources of income.

Eleven time post of the night winner
Three time thread of the year winner
Ten years running troll of the year
5x UFC Stooge Award Winner

I also get paid to start "boo fests" at Bellator Events, and follow Tito around in the shadows echo-whispering crazy all day.

Anything else you need to now just ask. I'm off the clock

UFC definitely has paid shills on here.

They pay people on torrent websites to post comments about torrents being fake when they clearly aren't, what makes you think they don't pay people to promote their fights on here?

This is a convo between two Spike execs and a former freelance marketer for the UFC about leaking a clip online to get people to watch an episode of TUF. Just thought you should know the context before busting out the tin foil and antennas. I've already explained it to this guy but he clearly wants to remain ignorant.

1. LMFAO@ "Freelance marketer."

That is a really good one! :icon_lol:
icon14.gif

Is this a euphemism for employee of a viral marketing firm?
(Did you NOT see the part in their email convo about "having their viral marketing firm on standby"?)

2. Viral marketing firm is not science fiction or alien hunting, so don't give me that "tin foil and antennas" bullshit.

Viral marketing started in the early to mid 1990s, and it's a big part of every multimillion dollar companies nowadays.

My plat membership was paid by Zuffa, but our contract expired and they didn't want to give me more money to postwhore for them, so I'm a normal user again.

No shit, of course they pay posters. Dana also probably gets a 'forum' report once in a while on trending subjects and fighters.

I wonder what he thinks of the fairly consistent trend of everyone thinking he is an asshole. :redface:

My plat membership was paid by Zuffa, but our contract expired and they didn't want to give me more money to postwhore for them, so I'm a normal user again.

sorry to here that man, fucking Zuffa are real scrooges.

Anybody remember that user with the Rashad Evans avatar who always started his threads with this icon
icon10.gif
and always used fighter quotes to start threads?

He was definitely a paid poster.

wholly shit dude, that must mean there is about 1000 paid posters on sherdog. because every thread has poster after poster calling him GOAT.......

That's not how it works.. they spread seeds... and let them grow... because people are fucking sheep.

I think it's likely that the vast majority of those people are just big fans of anything and everything UFC and feel the need to defend it.

Not saying there aren't paid posters, but it's really not a big deal.

UFC definitely has paid shills on here.

They pay people on torrent websites to post comments about torrents being fake when they clearly aren't, what makes you think they don't pay people to promote their fights on here?

because their fights get promoted here anyway?

you're right ts
that rousey-cyborg thing is sketchy to me

You should take a few marketing classes or political science classes. You'll understand what I'm talking about.

Basically, by using employees from marking firms posing as fans, whatever they say can appear as if they are "public opinions." Combined with the concept of bandwagon effect, a falsified "public opinion" can start a snowball effect to push a certain ideas and agendas.

Simple example: Casual fans in general prefer heavyweights over flyweights. The UFC have trouble selling flyweight fights, so they have the marketing guys push the bullshit slogan "if you don't like to watch flyweight fights, you're not a real fan."

Simple peer pressure tactic. The same shit that is used in politics.

dana white publicly says that. why does he need marketing guys on websites? do you really think there are no fans of flyweights? the most ridiculous of opinions gets posted here all day every day. you really think it's so far fetched that someone will post about flyweights?

Ok, maybe not everyone but.....a large % of posters.........the ones that are not employed by Zuffa. :icon_lol:

i think you are talking out your ass. i think more people on sherdog like Dana than hate him.

of course you hate him being a paid Viacom shill :icon_lol: see we can both go there.

YES. lol. There are PLENTY of them.

Its not just MMA. Its an extremely common business practice in 2013. If you arent doing things like that, you probably arent very business saavy.

Its pretty easy to pick out the shills most of the time..

There have been paid posters for PRIDE, Strikeforce (Readytogo), M-1 (Woodlanddog), Ultimate Challenge UK.

It's not exclusive to the UFC by any stretch of the imagination.

YES. lol. There are PLENTY of them.

Its not just MMA. Its an extremely common business practice in 2013. If you arent doing things like that, you probably arent very business saavy.

Its pretty easy to pick out the shills most of the time..

whose payroll are you on??? who is it!!!!!

Yeah because the only reason anyone would ever support the UFC decisions is if they're paid.

Back