Is it possible to use an arm drag in MMA?

WYYVIDC.gif

Carlos Diego Ferreira vs Dustin Poirier. Honestly no idea why we don't see this attack more often.

GSP also armdragged Hendricks from butterfly guard into a single leg at the end of round 3 in their fight.

You read my mind.
These new fans just dont know. This is slowed way down.
If you have never trained in grappling I dont think you can appreciate.
In real time against a top level opponent.

armdrge33.gif

Sesae tsurikomi ashi!

That is some beautifully high-level shit when it’s pulled off
That was some great falling and rolling through too (Ukemi). I would probably have face planted LOL

What is dim mak? I'll take obscure martial arts methods for 300 Alex.

yes arm drags are a kind of META

not if you create the proper angle

This is the old "if you do it right" argument.
Fact is, you dont see it in mma for a reason. Thats not because all of these decorated wrestlers in mma dont know how to create proper angles. Their experience tells them its not as effecitve/efficient in mma.

Usually its fat keyboard warrior judokas making statements like "if they would just do it right it would work in mma", not often you hear wrestlers say this.

Just out of curiosity (and this isnt a flame) have you wrestled at a high lvl? Good college program? Just asking because guys who have actually wrestled at a high lvl usually don't make comments like that. For they know most mma guys are/train with high lvl wrestlers and must have a good reasoj for the techniques they choose.

Fact is, you dont see it in mma for a reason. Thats not because all of these decorated wrestlers in mma dont know how to create proper angles. Their experience tells them its not as effecitve/efficient in mma.

Usually its fat keyboard warrior judokas making statements like "if they would just do it right it would work in mma", not often you hear wrestlers say this.

Just out of curiosity (and this isnt a flame) have you wrestled at a high lvl? Good college program? Just asking because guys who have actually wrestled at a high lvl usually don't make comments like that. For they know most mma guys are/train with high lvl wrestlers and must have a good reasoj for the techniques they choose.

the reason they dont usually use it is because the fighters are usually sweaty and smeared with jelly so they can't get a good grip , that's an inside tip from someone who's used it to a keyboard warrior , let me call tekkenfan and spacetime here so we can have a proper troll chat

the reason they dont usually use it is because the fighters are usually sweaty and smeared with jelly so they can't get a good grip , that's an inside tip from someone who's used it to a keyboard warrior , let me call tekkenfan and spacetime here so we can have a proper troll chat
????

I think they're doing it wrong actually. Tai chi has a better armdrag than wrestling which should be adapted.

You read my mind.
These new fans just dont know. This is slowed way down.
If you have never trained in grappling I dont think you can appreciate.
In real time against a top level opponent.

armdrge33.gif

That's pretty

I can't figure out all the two on one haters around here, the fact is if you got a two on one your guy he can hit you with his free hand but he's not going to cuz he's going to be posting on it since you're going to be sprawling out like a mother bitch on it.
even if the punch lands it's not going to be that heavy cuz you got control of his shoulder so he can't get dick for rotational power

I can't figure out all the two on one haters around here, the fact is if you got a two on one your guy he can hit you with his free hand but he's not going to cuz he's going to be posting on it since you're going to be sprawling out like a mother bitch on it.
even if the punch lands it's not going to be that heavy cuz you got control of his shoulder so he can't get dick for rotational power

this section is becoming a bottomless pit like the standing section

I don't know if the kids here are trolling or what

the only thing that pisses me off is that the ones who don't know shit act like they are world champions, is this a troll fashion among sherbros I don't know

Last edited:
this section is becoming a bottomless pit like the standing section

I don't know if the kids here are trolling or what

the only thing that pisses me off is that the ones who don't know shit act like they are world champions, is this a troll fashion among sherbros I don't know
All MMA forums are overrun with trolls, its the demographics! Without an agressive and well moderated enforcement strategy its nearly impossible to keep them anywhere near "civilized"

It would be cool if they had a "legiticimy" criteria so that people with real verifiable backgrounds were recognized for their contributions but it often just becomes a "royal court" of friends who subjugate newcommers and those they dont like to their particular "fiefdom"

Not terribly dissimilar to many martial arts and combat sports programs.
Logistics bro, its always gonna be contemptuous. Try to stick to sports and locker room banter and you can hold your head up proudly when people start threatening you or making fun of genocide because you never stooped to their level.

On topic:
I love 2 on 1 to arm drag but you will take a few in process, smart guys will counter with wrestling and idiots will try to pop you one, you can slide past on the idiots and get behind them giving yourself a major advantage.

In mma we have highly decorated ncaa and international wrestlers, there is a reason why we dont see it in mma. Its not because these highly experienced/decorated wrestlers dont know how to do a 2 on 1 properly.

In mma we have highly decorated ncaa and international wrestlers, there is a reason why we dont see it in mma. Its not because these highly experienced/decorated wrestlers dont know how to do a 2 on 1 properly.
Perhaps it has more to do with their muay thai skills and confidence taking hits, if your 2 on 1 is tight, your rotating and you have your forehead in their deltoid whats so "risky" about 2 on 1 and arm drags? You need more than wrestling skills to properly apply a two-on-one in MMA, different sports.
Great wrestlers are getting beat more and more in MMA, the sport is evolving

Last edited:
Perhaps it has more to do with their muay thai skills and confidence taking hits, if your 2 on 1 is tight, your rotating and you have your forehead in their deltoid whats so "risky" about 2 on 1 and arm drags? You need more than wrestling skills to properly apply a two-on-one in MMA, different sports.
Great wrestlers are getting beat more and more in MMA, the sport is evolving

You don't see it in muay thai either.

Back