Is it possible to make a living from betting?

@MrSkin - why does your betting slip say the bet for the Pettis/Poirier fight to end in round 4, 5 or by decision is a 'win' when that fight ended in the third round?

@MrSkin - why does your betting slip say the bet for the Pettis/Poirier fight to end in round 4, 5 or by decision is a 'win' when that fight ended in the third round?
not sure man, my account balance is still pending.

It's possible to make a living betting sports, but only if you are incredibly uniquely talented like myself. For most mortal men it is not possible.

It's possible to make a living betting sports, but only if you are incredibly uniquely talented like myself. For most mortal men it is not possible.

Autofellatio_standing.jpg

I have lost many other bets as well. I lost 50x more on Kalindra Faria vs Borella than I did on Albini.

But at the end of the day I havent been employed for 5 years and I'm moderately rich so I don't lose sleep over it.

What is your interpretation of ‘moderate’ and ‘rich’ ? Asking for a friend.

I have lost many other bets as well. I lost 50x more on Kalindra Faria vs Borella than I did on Albini.

But at the end of the day I havent been employed for 5 years and I'm moderately rich so I don't lose sleep over it.
Damn that’s wack bro you must have really liked Faria. Either way honestly both were bad bets. I believe you that you do well though, good to have ya around let’s get some of this dog money instead of bum untalented favorites like the two above.

#stayrich playboy

Hey man, I currently started with a bank account of $22 dollars back in July. Starting with the Ultimate Fighter 25 card on July 5th, I have turned my $22 into $224 . I hit the 1000% profit mark. I never put any more money in that account than the initial $22.

I'm not saying I'm an MMA guru, but I'm a guy like you that is interested in making money off of fight cards every week. I just started a website this week to post my bets and to write some breakdowns. It's a long ways from having all of the content that I want to put up, but I am going to post my bets for all fight cards from here on out that you can go look at and see another opinion before you make your bets for the week.

I created the website so people that I can give people another opinion on who or what to bet on every UFC card. I want to contribute to the MMA community with some of my knowledge that I have from watching every fight card UFC has had in the last 8 years.

I want to have followers like you, because you seem really interested in trying to make money off of MMA, and so am I. Hopefully this post helps you or others that are reading this out.

If you have twitter, follow me @MMACashGrab, and check out my website www.mmacashgrab.com

It takes a lot of discipline and proper bank roll management, but even more than that it takes money to make money. If you're doing $10 bets all the time you're not going to make a living unless you're destroying 10 team parlays all the time (which would still be poor BR management).

Ideally, if you had a large bank roll to work with, I wouldn't go over 5% of your total BR per event and would stick to grinding straight bets on ML's, limiting your picks and hedging, and avoiding most props except for the 'safer' ones once in awhile like distance/ou as trident mentioned. I'd also play about 5-10% of your total betting amount per event on a few parlays for upside hits once in awhile.

Lastly, I'd avoid the heavy juice like the plague in MMA. Just look no further than fights like JJ/Rose and Bisping/Rockhold to see how that can go. The risk/reward ratio is absolutely awful.

As someone else stated you are better of using your time learning about property and stocks if you want to become rich but where is the fun in that?

Also, the idea you have to spend hours watching tape to win isn't true, I was making profits for years never once taping until recently. Of course, taping does help but some of these fools on here spend hours taping fights to find a slip from 5 years ago only to come to the conclusion that fighter x will lose because his leg buckled 7 fights ago against Maia and got submitted. What I'm trying to say is you need to be logical and have a level of common sense to win and in general this applies when taping or not.

Back