Is it possible to drop weight and get stronger?

The cold, harsh truth. I also thought "i'm lazy, lol" made this thread a lot less worthwhile.

Do you compete in powerlifting or Bodybuilding competitions? Because if you don't than someone could easily say all your posts are alot less worthwhile.

You don't squat, deadlift, and instead of pull-ups, you do pull-downs. And you state outright you're to lazy to do them. And then you complain about your legs looking skinny when you try to lose weight. Why should anybody try to help you?

don't do squats or deadlifts. Part of the reason is because I am sore from teh gay buttsecks alot and part of the reason is because I am a lazy ****got. lol

fixed.
If you are not squatting heavy 2-3 times a week you are not lifting weights

So much fail from the TS but about 4 weeks ago I weighted 173lbs in the evening, yesterday I made it down to 165lbs in the morning for my powerlifting competition. I had a squat PR of 33lbs, bench I had a paused bench PR, and had a deadlift PR of 11lbs. That was while working 55hours a week and dropping 8lbs over the last 4 weeks (probably closer to 6lbs since I gain a couple pounds through a typical day due to drinking/eating).

If you're too lazy to do squats and deadlifts you're not going to have a sixpack period. Dieting is a bitch.

Also the reason your legs are skinny is because you're not training them. You have toothpicks for legs. Learn to squat is the best advice I can give you.

So much fail from the TS but about 4 weeks ago I weighted 173lbs in the evening, yesterday I made it down to 165lbs in the morning for my powerlifting competition. I had a squat PR of 33lbs, bench I had a paused bench PR, and had a deadlift PR of 11lbs. That was while working 55hours a week and dropping 8lbs over the last 4 weeks (probably closer to 6lbs since I gain a couple pounds through a typical day due to drinking/eating).

^ Congrats bro.

TS, start squatting and deadlifting!! Not only are they the best damn exercises known to man, but they require alot of core stabilisation. In the simplest way possible, it means your core will get bigger, which means your abs will look larger, which means it will be easier to see your abs at higher body fat levels.

Do you compete in powerlifting or Bodybuilding competitions? Because if you don't than someone could easily say all your posts are alot less worthwhile.

Seriously considering competing in powerlifting once my numbers are better, yes. Anything else?

TS, maybe if you squat your legs will get bigger and then they won't be so sore from bjj that you can't squat... which in turn means you can squat more and be even less sore from bjj... yada yada you feel me?

You're kinda saying 'my legs are so toothpick they're not even strong enough to start gradually getting stronger they're in some kind of blackhole deficit thing wah wah wah'

Compete and just go for PRs.

I guess I could - but why would I enter competitions that I have no chance of winning? Shouldn't my numbers at least look like powerlifting numbers?

I guess I could - but why would I enter competitions that I have no chance of winning? Shouldn't my numbers at least look like powerlifting numbers?

Not really I just did my first powerlifting competition with Gierrod/MIAB

I totalled 460kg in the 75kg and came 2nd but it was small class (5 lifters)
Gierrod and MIAB both competed at 82.5kg and didnt place but there class was deeper. None of our numbers are amazing but we all hit PRs in at least two lifts.
We all had a absolute blast and learnt a ton about competiting, deciding what weight class we should be in (if your fed has 24hour weight ins take advantage as we looked tiny compared to our competition). Also learnt alot about what food to take, warming up, getting use to platform and a ton of other stuff (even down to different types of nose tork).

My next meet isn't for 6months and is a raw meet that I can use to qualify for nationals. I've a much better chance of qualifying for nationals now because of this meet I just did and how much I learnt.

You can compete against yourself, not against others. You're not winning anything but pride anyway, and you should be proud of hitting PRs.

Besides, by competing, you learn so much about competition, it's unbelievable. How to get amped, stay amped, continuously lift heavy shit for more hours than you ever have, etc.

Not likely mainly because to lose weight you must burn more calories than you consume. Now that is not exactly beneficial for strength gains because you needs more calories to build muscle and mass to get stronger. Now somewhere some place in the grey area there is a medium some people can achieve strength gaisn for a while, while losing weight, but eventually you will lose strength, until you build yourself up overtime at that weight.

You can compete against yourself, not against others. You're not winning anything but pride anyway, and you should be proud of hitting PRs.

Besides, by competing, you learn so much about competition, it's unbelievable. How to get amped, stay amped, continuously lift heavy shit for more hours than you ever have, etc.

Agreed and this doesn't just apply to lifting. You learn more by competing and training with athletes that are better/faster/stronger than you in every sport. If no one competed until they thought they could win you'd have a lot less people competing.

TS says he doesn't squat or deadlift.....

Not sure if this is a troll thread.....

Not really I just did my first powerlifting competition with Gierrod/MIAB

I totalled 460kg in the 75kg and came 2nd but it was small class (5 lifters)
Gierrod and MIAB both competed at 82.5kg and didnt place but there class was deeper. None of our numbers are amazing but we all hit PRs in at least two lifts.
We all had a absolute blast and learnt a ton about competiting, deciding what weight class we should be in (if your fed has 24hour weight ins take advantage as we looked tiny compared to our competition). Also learnt alot about what food to take, warming up, getting use to platform and a ton of other stuff (even down to different types of nose tork).

My next meet isn't for 6months and is a raw meet that I can use to qualify for nationals. I've a much better chance of qualifying for nationals now because of this meet I just did and how much I learnt.

OK guys, I hear you. I'll do it, promise. Next time there's a raw competition in my area I'll be in it.

Back