Is it possible for Gustafsson to go down to MW?

He can't even beat washed up HWs as he quickly found out

Gus never in his career was beating top level LHWs in their purime. Shogun and Glover were both last it and Jan wasn't a top guy yet. He'd beat him in a rematch and continue to light him up standing like the first fight
Why do you guys spell 'prime' as 'purime'?

Yes it is.Pretty easy too.I'm 6ft4 with a pretty large frame and with a strict diet i could make 185.Losing weight/muscle and gaining weight being big is really easy.Muscle gains are the only hard part.Before covid i was around 200-210 and in 3 weeks eating crap and not training i was at +250ish.Lost it all in 3 weeks again and its not even a strict diet.I could easily make 185 lookinb skinny though lol

It's possible but I doubt he'd do it. The guy started off as a skinny fat LHW and looks thicker these days.

Anyone that's above 6ft2-3 knows its easy.But i can imagine that for small guys weight diferences seem out of this world.

Not a chance, he's more chance of ballooning above 265 and not making weight for HW imo.

He looks finished
He looked small for LHW, like it or not
I don't care he said he went to HW because he couldn't make LHW
When he fought Jones he looked much smaller than him
Arms, lats, chest, delts, traps... well, except legs
And he had a lot of belly fat at LHW

He should have better conditioning and fight at LHW if he still wants to go

Gus is done. He’s one of those great fighters that has no heart or rather that dog in him.

Gus is done. He’s one of those great fighters that has no heart or rather that dog in him.
He had that heart at one point, you don’t get to a top of a division in top 5 without heart. He clearly doesn’t have it anymore and maybe his body is just not performing the way his brain is telling him, in short he’s getting old and worn.

Ill give you Gus was good but how in the hell was he ever great? He lost to every single elite fighter he ever faced and he only has like 2 or 3 top 10 wins, no top 3 wins, and never won any titles. That classifies as great to you?

He had a couple of great fights with Jones and DC, that he lost, but i don't see how he could be considered among the greats with his resume`.

He could make it. I think he’d get destroyed there however.

Maybe he could fight Roy Nelson in his MW debut.

Everyone's so obsessed with fighters retiring. He's still good enough to beat up some HWs for a couple more years, while collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars. Losing a scramble and ending up being submitted by Fabricio fuckin Werdum does not mean you have to retire. He did well in the situations where he was in any control.

At this point Gus would get destroyed even at WelterWeight.

Back