is it okay to spar hard every sparring session?

if a sparrer knocks out all his sparring partners in sparring, does he have a sparrer to spar?

I'm not talking as in preparing for the pro game.
I'm mean if u put in two guys , one with 30 and one with 80 fights or two guys one with 100 and the other with 200 fights , the difference (if any) between them isn't as big as you'd think.
On the flip side , there's a big difference between a guy with 5 fights and a guy with 30......usually.

I know. I just add a little bit more on pro transition since that's what amateur level are for.

there's not much (if any)difference between a guy with 30 fights and a guy with 80.

On an extreme note , my coach fought a guy who had 350 fights , US champ , had just beaten Meldrick Taylor in his last competition ....when he had just 9 fights , the 8th and 9th being in that same tournament.
He lost a split decision .

That's not extreme, if this kid continuest fighting at exactly the same rate he should hit 380 fights by the age of 19.
1040 if he stays ammy until he's 23-24!!!

I say a year and a half in the ammys but in reality it's a more. I just rounded it off to a year and a half to avoid saying, a year and 8 months. it's just easier to say a year and a half. I didn't know I was going to get bashed on my record. on the contrary, I should get more appreciation on it. I go to the gym and train hard everyday, I dedicate myself to the sport and give it my all. Just because numbers didn't add up don't mean I'm fake. You guys really escalated this to something it shouldn't have gone too. I know that I'm good at what I do and I know the amount of fights I have, I could care less if you don't believe it.

U have to understand , nobody's bashing you BECAUSE of your record.
They're bashing you because youre
all over the place with your inconsistencies , plus you're asking us to believe that a 13 year old started boxing 20 months ago and has already piled up 130 fight record .......and he took 2 Decembers and half of January off.

At this rate , by 20 you'll have more fights than the unofficial record of Guillermo Rigondeaux (one of THE most experienced amateurs in the WORLD)......and he was 30.
By that age , you'll have well over 1000 fights !

That's not extreme, if this kid continuest fighting at exactly the same rate he should hit 380 fights by the age of 19.
1040 if he stays ammy until he's 23-24!!!

As I stated before, I switched gyms. These guys won't fight me like I was fighting in Puerto Rico. At most, this new gym will fight me 30 times a year till I'm 18 and I'll be sparring 3 times a week.

That's not extreme,.....

lolwut ?

If he came on here saying he (with all of 5-6 fights prior to the tournament) just got robbed off a SD to the US champ (a guy well known around those circles) .....a fight he said he got robbed because there was no way three American judges ....in America ....were going to let some skinny black kid showboat off their man and let their champ loose to a guy with 8 fights....... He'd be laughed out here right quick.

Hell , I'd be the one leading the parade of lulz !

If you'd have come in and said, "I've been fighting a year and a half and have had 30 fights', I'd think that was very impressive. 129?!? I now don't believe a word you say.

Can we check to see if this guys IP is from Austraila?????

lolwut ?

If he came on here saying he (with all of 5-6 fights prior to the tournament) just got robbed off a SD to the US champ (a guy well known around those circles) .....a fight he said he got robbed because there was no way three American judges ....in America ....were going to let some skinny black kid showboat off their man and let their champ loose to a guy with 8 fights....... He'd be laughed out here right quick.

Hell , I'd be the one leading the parade of lulz !

Skribs is gonna wait until his 206th fight next year before he KO's the US champ

"is it okay to spar hard every sparring session?"

The short answer is no.

If you try to make every sparring session into a championship title fight then you're not going to be able to clock enough hours in the ring to actually learn how to fight before you tear your body (and your training partners) to pieces.

Spar at a pace you can sustain without killing each other, and log 100 hours a month in the ring. Then once a week or so, pick up the pace. Any more than that and you'll most likely be sparring one or two rounds a week tops, ad it'll show come come fight time when all you've learned is to be a punching bag that hits back instead of how to move.
^^^ What's you view of the typical Kyokushinkai kumite emphasis?

^^^ And what's the long answer {a preview}?

KarateStylist

Last edited:
Boxing a year and a half with 129 fights? So you fight every 3-4 days then?

ask chute box. they kod each other in sparring. all done now at about 30...

Thanks man. I've improved my defense amazingly since then.

Lol even if you already get a compliment, you still need to go out and say stuff like that.

Show a picture of you and your trophy's/medals. Where I come from, every fight you (even ammy) have, win or loose, you get a stupid/cheap trophy.

I suppose from the 130 fights, you at least have 30 trophy's/meddals, no?

I stopped reading this at page two, so I'm gonna just respond as if it wasn't a troll thread.

No, I don't believe in HARD sparring every day. Light sparring after hard days and a few medium days between hard sessions. Hard sparring for years will make you as drunk as James Toney in the long term, and lots of injuries in the short term (which will keep you from training at all).

I stopped reading this at page two, so I'm gonna just respond as if it wasn't a troll thread.

No, I don't believe in HARD sparring every day. Light sparring after hard days and a few medium days between hard sessions. Hard sparring for years will make you as drunk as James Toney in the long term, and lots of injuries in the short term (which will keep you from training at all).
^^^ Even Better, no contact sparring @ all.... ****

KarateStylist

**** my conclusion after 12 pages & before....

NO contact sparring? Disagree, you gotta learn to take a punch
RE YELLE ////
Yelle has pretty poor upper-body posture. Strong legs. But the general slouching of his shoulders results in the distinct inability to keep his chin out of harm's way. When he gets hit, he gets hit FLUSH...and HARD. Joey, on the other hand, isn't bothered by being hit nearly as much....
So I challenge you all to find a fight like this where posture makes a HUGE difference.

^^^ To make a point.... YELLE is not helping his mental game by this.... AND I'M NOT REFERRING TO POSTURE.... you're all welcome to think otherwise....

KarateSTylist

Geordie "Shadow" Munro;78437295 said:
You made the thread less then an hour ago.

Video game fights are very short :icon_chee

Sorry...couldn't resist

Back