Is it ok to bet against a teammate?

It's OK to do it, but good god, man, don't talk about it.

And if he loses, use some your winnings to buy him lunch or something.

i'd bet against my own kid if it meant making a few extra bucks

What inside info do you have? Or are you just not confident in the people you train with? Basically not only are you saying you don't think your teammate is prepared, but you're also saying your team didn't prepare him enough. I hope he wins and you become a better teammate.

It's ok as long as his mother never made dinner for you

If u train, work out with or are friends with him you are a terrible person. If u just go to the same gym I see no issue.

Yeah it is. I bet you kicked him in the knee cap during training or something along those lines. What made you bet against him? Did he look bad in training?

If u train, work out with or are friends with him you are a terrible person. If u just go to the same gym I see no issue.

If he knows his friend is in over his head, why should he not try and profit off that? If it isn't illegal or against any rules, there's nothing wrong with it. The only thing wrong would be if he told his friend and hurt their feelings, or demonstrated that he doubted them.

I train in a club called Rumble sports in Copenhagen where he also trains

I don't think this makes you team mates. At least not in a significant way unless you actually have a repertoire with this person. I think of team mates as guys who train almost exclusively together like Cain and DC or Koscheck and Fitch.

Having said that, it sounds kosher, but don't expect it to be well received if found out. Why not just opt out of betting for this one case? Unless you have insider doubts about your boy...

If he knows his friend is in over his head, why should he not try and profit off that? If it isn't illegal or against any rules, there's nothing wrong with it. The only thing wrong would be if he told his friend and hurt their feelings, or demonstrated that he doubted them.

The fuck? I don't like to profit from my friends or teammates shortcomings. Those people are suppose to watch your back and look out. Other ways to make money then betting against someone you are supposed to be helping. Plus it's gotta be terrible karma.

Edit;
TS pointed out he just trains at the same gym. Still shitty but acceptable.

Back