Is it ok to bet against a teammate?

murertue

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Is it ok to bet against a teammate? I placed a bet on a betting site against Mats Nilson and put my money on Omari Akhmedov is that just bad for my karma?

Your saying you train with Nilson? Highly doubt thats true but if so then yes your a shitty teammate and karma will kill you before the night is over. :icon_lol:

You win the bet yet lose in character

I train in a club called Rumble sports in Copenhagen where he also trains

At the end of the day, you should do what's right for you. Did you sabotage Nillson intentionally? Probably not. You probably shouldn't broadcast you're betting against a teammate, but if you truly believe he was going to lose, it's your right to profit off it.

I'm sure betting against a teammate is a legal form of insider trading. You might as well profit on the inside information you have.

He is not my friend or anything like that, we just train at the same club

Not if they aren't friends. If it's just another guy training at the gym, who cares.

Maybe in the neatherrealm its ok, but I think team unity is important, esp if one of you makes it to the UFC.

Well, you won the bet (who saw that coming...), but generally you shouldn't beat against your teammate until you're 200% sure (s)he would lose.

It's not wrong, exactly, but broadcasting the fact that you did it would be seen (rightly) as douche-tastic. Keep it to yourself.

If money runs you, I don't see why not

Is he that bad that you'd bet on an unknown wild card against someone likely even a friend you train with everyday and see their potential?

Back