Is it normal to get nervous before big UFC fights?

Unicorn Princes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like I will probably have to get drunk before watching UFC 182.

Is anyone like this when it comes to a really big fight where they deeply care about the outcome?

Yes, if i really want a specific fighter to win, the possibility of them losing is unsettling.

Yeah im nervous as shit for Jones/DC. I wont smoke weed like i usually do for fights because i tend to overthink stuff when i do, so yeah i will sip on some vodka/coca cola

Often had that when I just started watching, these days, rarely.

I got nervous for BJ Penn fights, then he kept losing and I've gotten over that for the most part.

I have experienced it before. I guess it's normal. During the time GSP/Condit was about to happen, the night after the weigh ins I was nervous and anxious as hell from the time I woke up to watch that event. I watched the card from bottom prelim to main card and was fired up on the main event.

When GSP bloodied up Condit in the 1st I was pumped up, and it scared the sh*t out of me when Condit landed the head kick and hard elbows on the ground in the 3rd. But as soon as GSP stood back up and threw Condit flying in the air in that same round, I knew GSP had it. It was an awesome feeling you get once in a while.

Nervous? In a manner of speaking I suppose. "nervous energy" and all that.

It's more anticipation than actual nervousness though.

With the recent line-up of shit cards, no.

When the UFC puts together a good card once in a blue moon, yes.

Like I will probably have to get drunk before watching UFC 182.

Is anyone like this when it comes to a really big fight where they deeply care about the outcome?

Yeah my wife gets that way. It's normal for women i suppose.

I don't get nervous more of curious to see the outcome. I do get nervous when a close friend fights though..

Not this fight but I hope DC destroys.

The only two people that made me nervous before a fight were Fedor and Tyson.

Zulu and Spinks were so visibly shook they looked like they were headed to the gallows.

Use to get nervous for a lot of fights.

Now days just Anderson fights.

Looking forward to the Jones fight hella of a lot though

Haha nervous watching a fight, imagine being the fighter:)

I was genuinely nervous for the Silva/Weidman 2 fight.

but for the most part no, some I'm nervously excited to see what happens.

I don't think I'll be nervous for this main event but I feel this might be the most excited/anxious I've ever been for a fight...'can't wait!' (in a bart scott voice)

Uh, do you consider UFC 182 to be a terrible card? I think because of the main event it's not.

The main event is great for sure. But we shouldn't be forced into a position to judge a card based solely on the main event. The whole main card should be solid.

Having just a great main event is what gets cards scrapped entirely when a fighter gets injured.

Come on guys....if you get nervous before a UFC you need to take a good look at your life....or lack of a life

Back