Is it more clear now how Silva would have fared against GSP & Le?

Lets see chris wiedman when he reaches Silva´s age at the time of this picture.
I like CW mindset a ton though, really likeable. But Silva threw this one away himself. I aint saying CW wouldnt had beaten him otherwise perhaps. But this was just silva fkng around. Kindsa a shame when he could ahd beaten CW and given him his first loss, but hell as AS said he has nothing to prove. I guess he has alot to prove in the eyes of his haters though haha.
I'm both a Sliva and a Weidman fan, and it annoys me when people try to say those fights were flukes. Anderson could've faired a better chance if he was younger, but Chris is still a very bad match up for him. I am just very tired of hearing the excuse that Anderson was just "clowning" and would've won otherwise. Anderson had a chance to win in the rematch, but was still getting beat up until the leg break. Anderson is still a great fighter, but I just don't think it's very likely that he could've beaten Weidman.

What the hell, GSP is no Sonnen. Reach/height/weight/size it all matters, GSP wouldn't be able to control Silva the way Sonnen did. Silva would crush him.

GSP always said he wasn't sure about fighting Silva, right now he wants to fight Bisping, and that shows a lot.

Anderson before the wideman fight would have destroyed GSP.
move on

The fact that GSP has literally refused to fight Anderson for years should tell you that not even he thinks he can win - Anderson would destroy GSP in every facet.

Didn't gsp show up in Abu Dhabi to challenge Silva but then the spider did his dance routine for Maia and it fell apart. I'm kind of fuzzy on it and to lazy to Google but yeah, it's not all gsp

A human-sized spider would freak me out enough, but the prospect of being locked in a cage with one...

I know what you mean. No, spank you.

my-face-when-i-run-into-a-spider-web_o_386032.gif

I'm both a Sliva and a Weidman fan, and it annoys me when people try to say those fights were flukes. Anderson could've faired a better chance if he was younger, but Chris is still a very bad match up for him. I am just very tired of hearing the excuse that Anderson was just "clowning" and would've won otherwise. Anderson had a chance to win in the rematch, but was still getting beat up until the leg break. Anderson is still a great fighter, but I just don't think it's very likely that he could've beaten Weidman.

Thats subjective whether or not it would have been very likely. Personally i think so. You dont thats fine.
I agree you can´t take something away from a fighter by just clowning around. Then if you lose a fight just clown then it doesnt make the win real because you lost on purpose or you didnt care. That would be a cheap way to try and take away a fair win.

CW won fair and square. The second fight was a good leg block but any fight with such a horrific injury is just terrible way to win and to lose. Thats not meant to happen that was hard to see. And the first fight CW won fair and square as i said, yet the moment Silva lost it was where he did something he had never done before by pretending to eb hurt like that and lowering his legs making him unable to counter strike. CW pressed forward and showed he wanted that win and took it. End of story. Such a stupid way for a champion with 10 title defens who made near unbreakable records who have been through such hard fights and then lose it at a moment where you taunt your opponent. 16 wins and 10 defenses out the window. If he had beaten CW who knows who else he´d had beat maybe it´d had been 20 wins or more. As it stands right now his records are breakable unfortunately haha.

But yeah its not fair for CW that people try to take it away from him. But in any case its clear that Silva was his own demise deminishing his chances of winning and CW capitalized perfectly. Wish he had won though.

gsp would have wrestlefucked anderson. no way anderson would be able to stop a gsp double leg take down. anderson would have been on his back like a turtle stuck and getting his face smashed in with elbows and brutal ground and pound. and clearly gsp would not be prone to a brain fart that chael hard leaving his arm dangling in no mans land waiting to get snatched up. but chael had notoriously shit triangle defence.

I know there's a lot of Nayt fans on here and also Nick Diaz fans but the stockton slap is completely disrespectful and fans should stop encouraging it. It's only purpose is to humiliate the other fighter not to inflict damage or score points. There's also the chance that an eye could get poked from it and since theres more force in it than a normal eye poke it could blind a fighter. In my opinion a point should be deducted for that kind of action.

. Am I the only person that thinks this?

No because...

I think GSP follows the same strategy that Weidman and Sonnen used- pressure, cover up and don't overcommit. So GSP probably beats Silva easily with multiple takedowns, but there's always that chance GSP makes a mistake and gets caught of course.

As for Cung Le, I think the Nick Diaz fight showed that its difficult for Silva to tee off against good boxers. I think Le would have frustrated Silva at times but ultimately I think Silva's size and length prove to be too much for Le to handle.

And this:

The fact that GSP has literally refused to fight Anderson for years should tell you that not even he thinks he can win - Anderson would destroy GSP in every facet.

GSP ducked Silva for a reason.

Silva would have absolutely destroyed GSP.

And this.

silva was getting finished and dominated by japanese WWs at age 29 brah

the chris would have wrecked him at any agae

By ONE japanese. and he wasnt getting dominated.
Lets stop exaggerating.

gsp would have wrestlefucked anderson. no way anderson would be able to stop a gsp double leg take down. anderson would have been on his back like a turtle stuck and getting his face smashed in with elbows and brutal ground and pound. and clearly gsp would not be prone to a brain fart that chael hard leaving his arm dangling in no mans land waiting to get snatched up. but chael had notoriously shit triangle defence.

Would GSP do that to Cormier?
Hell now lol..thats a joke in and of itself.
When i put Anderson in there....i see victory.

(And that was a TWO DAY NOTICE OLD MAN NO TRAINING Silva)

GSP would have dominated Silva, that's why Silva didn't move down to 170 when he had the opportunity. The same people that are saying Georges ducked Anderson for not moving up are probably some of the same people that gave Cyborg shit for not making 135. Anderson nuthuggers are also the same people that when talking about fighting George at 170 say "he's too big to make the cut", then when it comes to fighting Jones they would say "he's too small, he's fat at 200". You can't really listen to some of these people.

Do I think Georges totally wanted that fight? No, he could have gone up to 185. However, why would you give the bigger guy all the advantages? GSP is more heavily muscled, but Silva is naturally a much bigger guy. The least you could ask for is that the weight differential be negligible. If Silva said "I will go to 170 to fight GSP" and then Georges said no, then you could call it ducking. In the same way Silva didn't duck Jones. In fact, the Silva/Jones case is stronger, thanks to Anderson fans.

Anderson Silva fought 205 multiple times, but when people try to discredit those wins at 205, Silva fans would jump in and talk about how great they were. So if Anderson is a force at 205 and racked up serious wins, why couldn't he fight Jones at 205? I don't think he should have, I don't think Bonnar, Irvin and even Griffin are great wins. I mean yeah, Griffin was a former champion, but he's literally the Meisha Tata/Michael Bisping of LHW in terms of champions.

Neither of them wanted the fight, just like Silva and Jones neither did.

GSP would have dominated Silva, that's why Silva didn't move down to 170 when he had the opportunity. The same people that are saying Georges ducked Anderson for not moving up are probably some of the same people that gave Cyborg shit for not making 135. Anderson nuthuggers are also the same people that when talking about fighting George at 170 say "he's too big to make the cut", then when it comes to fighting Jones they would say "he's too small, he's fat at 200". You can't really listen to some of these people.

Do I think Georges totally wanted that fight? No, he could have gone up to 185. However, why would you give the bigger guy all the advantages? GSP is more heavily muscled, but Silva is naturally a much bigger guy. The least you could ask for is that the weight differential be negligible. If Silva said "I will go to 170 to fight GSP" and then Georges said no, then you could call it ducking. In the same way Silva didn't duck Jones. In fact, the Silva/Jones case is stronger, thanks to Anderson fans.

Anderson Silva fought 205 multiple times, but when people try to discredit those wins at 205, Silva fans would jump in and talk about how great they were. So if Anderson is a force at 205 and racked up serious wins, why couldn't he fight Jones at 205? I don't think he should have, I don't think Bonnar, Irvin and even Griffin are great wins. I mean yeah, Griffin was a former champion, but he's literally the Meisha Tata/Michael Bisping of LHW in terms of champions.
I am finding it difficult to find something here to really disagree with.

I don't think GSP being smaller than Sonnen automatically means he wouldn't have been able to take Silva down. GSP may very well be as strong as Sonnen.

As for people saying Silva would have destroyed Le, can't assume that. Silva had problems with the quickness of Chonan and Le would have presented them same problems

I don't think GSP being smaller than Sonnen automatically means he wouldn't have been able to take Silva down. GSP may very well be as strong as Sonnen.

As for people saying Silva would have destroyed Le, can't assume that. Silva had problems with the quickness of Chonan and Le would have presented them same problems

I hope you're just taking the piss and this is a joke....

AS beats GSP by size advantage, GSP is not even a big WW, he is even a small WW for today standarts with guys like Rory and Wonderboy.

AS beats Cunge Le by size advantage (Cunge Le is really a blow up WW) and skill advantage.

Cunha Le? Say what?

Weidman is not comparable to GSP. He is much stronger. He has much more height and reach.

Due to his height and reach, he was able to avoid boxing at range with Silva - that's huge and GSP couldn't replicate that.

Also Weidman has sledge hammers for hands. His GNP was giving Silva big trouble, just a few shots of it. He has one shot power. GSP never showed power even by WW standards.

Anderson was a terrible matchup for GSP. People always analyze this fight backwards. GSP had a reach advantage at WW that kept him safe in exchanges. Versus Anderson, he loses that.

The fact that Silva has literally refused to fight Jones for years should tell you that not even he thinks he can win - Jones would destroy Silva in every facet.

The fact that Mighty Mouse has literally refused to fight Cruz (at FW) for years should tell you that not even he thinks he can win - Cruz would destroy Mighty Mouse in every facet.

weight classes exist for a reason

that said, GSP had a legit shot at catchweight but would have been the underdog at 185 without a year to bulk up properly.

hahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha
I remember the GSP fan victory lap after the Sonnen fight. GSP was half Anderson's size, and Chael Sonnen, a lifelong, huge, juiced up wrestler, missed half his takedowns as well as struggled to hold position against an injured Anderson. But, sure, GSP would jump up in weight and do what the other bigger, stronger wrestlers wouldn't do. He would be the one to take anderson down and control him for 5 rounds.

but i'm just posting in a rare but notable CUNG LE FANBOY thread. There aren't many of it's kind, but TS wanted to distract us with GSP/Silva talk so that his insane Cung Le claim would go uncontested

GSP wouldn't beat the version of Anderson that fought Cormier.

Back