Is it me or has Benson looked more small lately?

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I swear he was like one of the bigger LW's on his way into winning the belt & I noticed he's looked a lot more slimmer these days from the Pettis fight up until now.

He looks like he could drop to FW now more than how he said he could probably jump up to WW in the past.

Rogan & Goldie use to go off about his "running back legs." & I don't really see it anymore.

He was definitely smaller than usual last night. You could tell in his legs, they're usually tree trunks, looked a lot smaller and more cut up in the midsection.

Jesus went 40 days without food; Bendo Christ is trying to replicate this feat before his fights.

He was definitely smaller than usual last night. You could tell in his legs, they're usually tree trunks, looked a lot smaller and more cut up in the midsection.

He hasn't been wearing the vale tudo shorts lately. Maybe those made his legs look bigger

They said he didn't put on much weight after weigh ins. I would then also assume he's simply losing weight in general so that his weight cutting isn't so brutal.

He hasn't been wearing the vale tudo shorts lately. Maybe those made his legs look bigger

I thought that might be the case but when he got taken down a few times his shorts rose up and his legs still looked less freakish than usual, and that doesn't explain the noticeably slimmer mid section. I know the guy has a tough cut, he's probably staying leaner in between fights so he doesn't have to work so hard to shed weight. Plus they fought in NM, high elevation, he probably didn't want to put on too much weight after weigh ins so keep up dat pace.

Very lean. Probably his legs looked slimmer, since otherwise they are strong as hell.

Hard to say.
Bendo looked bigger and stronger than Edgar, Diaz, and Pettis.
He had trouble with his cut in the past, so it's possible that he dieted away some muscle.

I never thought he was really that big for the weight class.
He is cut but his frame is not that big.
He also probably looked bigger because the Edgar is smaller, Diaz is thin, and Pettis is also on the smaller end compared to the average lightweight.

I was also surprised at how small he looked compared to his previous fights.

Back