Is it me or does it feel like Jones is coasting at this point?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Havent seen him with that killer instinct since DC2. Dude was a killer. It just seems like he does just enough and is coasting. I dont know if the pulsing has anything to do with it. Hes so far ahead on the skill level, he can literally phone it in and still win. And hes been doing just that. Or am i crazy?

You're bang on. Whatever killer instinct he had in his 20s is now gone in his 30s. Is normal. His days as champion are numbered and he knows it. Still one of the best to ever do it and will remain on the record books for a long time. JJ is trying to extend his athletic tenure as long as possible, but every prized horse has his day of decline.

Last edited:
He needs to get back in the lab and up his pulsing

Jones beat his opponents, USADA, and the judges. He is the real GOAT.

He's GSP'ing it late in his career, no desire to get CTE or let an opponent catch him with a wild shot. Also likely slowing down a bit at 32 and what, a DECADE as a champ?

Definitely makes the fights closer but I think that has alot to due with how underrated his opponents are.

He might wanna stop with the coasting.
"14 of the 21 unofficial media scorecards tracked by MMADecisions.com awarded the contest to Reyes."

he's also being forced to fight clean (damn usada)

gotta do what u gotta do since no more Pico grams.

Seems like he can’t pull that trigger anymore.

Post career it’ll be interesting to hear Jon explain the toe injury and rehab. There’s a theory that he never truly recovered from that injury. Doesn’t he still tape it up till this day?

Havent seen him with that killer instinct since DC2. Dude was a killer. It just seems like he does just enough and is coasting. I dont know if the pulsing has anything to do with it. Hes so far ahead on the skill level, he can literally phone it in and still win. And hes been doing just that. Or am i crazy?
...and if you take out the two Cormier fights where there was a lot of animosity, his tepidness goes back even further.

He's off steroids now and is simply not as dangerous as we was when he was on them.

Since DC2? That was probably the last time he fought juiced. It's not a coincidence that he hasn't looked the same since then.

He's not the same. He just stands and point fights. It's interesting that he hardly goes for wrestling anymore but decided to take Gus down in their fight. At least GSP mixed up wrestling and striking. Jones isn't doing anything important anymore except not lose.

Lowering the dosage impacts aggression and confidence, should be no surprise to anyone.

Back