is it just me or is there not much buzz for UFC 196?

Not much hype at all, really just seems MMA is in a huge decline. Not much buzz for anything. No charismatic fighters. MMA is dying, or at least dying way down. It is sad when Bellator is becoming more popular and well known than the UFC.

UFC is a joke, they say they have the best fighters in the world but it is the biggest lie. They have a bunch of bum athletes that couldn't cut it in the other sports. Who is fighting on ufc 196? Who even cares. Who is fighting tonight? Who is fighting next week on the pointless fightpass card that no one will watch? I use to be able to answer all these, and watch every UFC and major mma event. But now it just sucks, and most of the time is spent watching bad fights or people you don't know/care about. The WORST part? You buy a pvp, then have fucktard idiots like Dana, and Joe Rogain try to HARD SELL you on every fight. And they just never stop with the sales pitch. And fuck Bruce Buffer. That guy is painful. I miss the old days. Who is the buzz suppose to even be about in MMA? Honda? She shouldn't even be fighting, she is a headcase and she has lost her appeal. McGregor is just a joke, and ruins anything just with a mention of him. Anyway, I myself am about a sliver from done. Really though, who is even fighting on 196? And who even cares?

You should quit watching. Seems like it makes you really angry.

It was the same for 194. Regardless, it'll kick start soon and McGregor will carry the work himself.

I agree. Good for Conor that he doesn't have so much media obligation. He had an insane amount of media obligations for the first scheduled Aldo fight, and had a lot for UFC 194 too. McGregor must be loving this.

Outside of the two title fights the only fight worth talking about is Nunes and the other chick, it's a pretty wack card after those three fights.

Wait until fight week though and all of those Conor nuthuggers will be out in full force.

When have cards ever been sold on depth(especially from a promotional standpoint)? It's always been about the main and co main and those 2 fights on this card are gigantic.

People probably didn't get the memo and they still think it's Werdum vs Cain

I dont give a shit what Conor said the other day about his love affair with Zuffa there is something up inside. Dana didnt look all that happy with him and had horrible body language in UFC 196 El Chappo press conference. Whereas before he laughed like a school boy at everything Conor said. The promotion poster controversy also.

My opinion Conor demanded huge dollars after Dana Agreed to make fight and Conor is getting too big for his britches so they are toning him down.

No time to build hype when the fights are so close together.

When have cards ever been sold on depth(especially from a promotional standpoint)? It's always been about the main and co main and those 2 fights on this card are gigantic.

Well Dana used to brag about how the UFC wasn't 'just one fight like Boxing' and how you got five great fights.

I wouldn't really call Corey Anderson vs. Tom Lawlor, Erick Silva vs. Nordine Taleb or Darrin Elkins vs. Chas Skelly great.

Not much hype at all, really just seems MMA is in a huge decline. Not much buzz for anything. No charismatic fighters. MMA is dying, or at least dying way down. It is sad when Bellator is becoming more popular and well known than the UFC.

Great post!

Of course you are completely ignoring that UFC had its best fiscal year ever, but why bring intelligence & facts into your diatribe?

Well Dana used to brag about how the UFC wasn't 'just one fight like Boxing' and how you got five great fights.

I wouldn't really call Corey Anderson vs. Tom Lawlor, Erick Silva vs. Nordine Taleb or Darrin Elkins vs. Chas Skelly great.

Where did i say those fights were great chief? But who really cares when you have two title fights of this magnitude?

I swear you ppl will always find something to bitch and moan about. They stack a card top to bottom with good main/co mains and you complain about the lack of star power. They give you the biggest star in the sport and the women who just kicked Rousey's teeth in, with a meh main card and its "not stacked enough"...

You cant have the huge headliners/super stacked combo card every single time, its not possible.

Wait until McGregor flies over to Vegas, the hype will be unbearable but i'm looking forward to more shit talking.
Strange thing actually, McGregor was out in a nightclub last night. Pissed off I didn't know until today because I was drinking in a pub literally a 30 second walk away

definitely not as much as I thought there was going to be.

Where did i say those fights were great chief? But who really cares when you have two title fights of this magnitude?

I swear you ppl will always find something to bitch and moan about. They stack a card top to bottom with good main/co mains and you complain about the lack of star power. They give you the biggest star in the sport and the women who just kicked Rousey's teeth in, with a meh main card and its "not stacked enough"...

You cant have the huge headliners/super stacked combo card every single time, its not possible.

I'm aware and no one is doubting how big RDA/McGregor is going to be but the card just isn't for me, I'm not interested in it if people wanna buy by all means feel free but I'll be skipping this one and waiting for 197.

Back