Is it just me or are all the youth of today....

"So shaving every hair off your body, going on tanning beds every week, looking in the mirror 500 times a day and wearing pink tank tops and leather pants doesn't sound weird to you? That's fine, whatever you're into"

Yeah, it's totally fine with me. I have no relation to the style, but if that's truly your impression of city life, then it only proves my point.

I don't go around caring what other people wear, and then expecting some kind of social outcry. People who do that tend to be insecure, and worried about their own status.

I always pictured you as older Slick. Not sure why. 20 though, fun age. I'm 12 years older, Enjoy the FUCK out of your 20s man. :)

The 80's had by far the most questionable styles. This generation is not even close.

"What, why?"

An out of touch country boy, who obviously has shit for brains, and doesn't seem to know much about the city? Terrifying. That's a past, not a future.

Intellectually inbred rural areas are not the future of this country. Rural areas are circling the drain due to, well, ignorance, and low ambition. The least engaged people tend to stay, or move there.

Doesn't matter if you're rural or urban. Dressing and acting like a girl when you're meant to be a man is just plain wrong

"What, why?"

An out of touch country boy, who obviously has shit for brains, and doesn't seem to know much about the city? Terrifying. That's a past, not a future.

Intellectually inbred rural areas are not the future of this country. Rural areas are circling the drain due to, well, ignorance, and low ambition. The least engaged people tend to stay, or move there.

Jimmies have been rustled in this thread. Obviously you feel like your manliness has been threatened somewhat

And you've obviously never been to the country. I'll just leave it there.

"What, why?"

Says the guy who apparently doesn't even know how to use the quote button. And yes, I do come from a backwards rural area. But that doesn't mean we are all backwards. Look at Robert E. Howard. He is considered the most influential fantasy writer in history outside of J.R.R. Tolkien and he has the exact same background as I do living in small boomtowns around Texas.

I have a friend going to Chicago University and another going to Harvard. Both from this shithole of a town. Are you telling me you're more intelligent than they are?

The art of being a man is being lost upon us slowly and slowly.

I find myself thinking the same thing when I drive by a group of skinny jean wearing metro's....then I laugh at the thought of the older generation laughing at me when I was wearing a Famous shirt 10 years ago.

When girls get to their mid 20's or so, their tastes start to change from the pretty boy look to the manly look. Women instinctively want a man who can build things, fix things, protect them and provide for them in general.

These boys are still stuck in the high school phase where girls like Beiber cuts and 80's looking tank tops. In a few years it'll all change and there will be a new batch of weirdos to hate on.

When girls get to their mid 20's or so, their tastes start to change from the pretty boy look to the manly look. Women instinctively want a man who can build things, fix things, protect them and provide for them in general.
Out of all those criteria this is the only one that matters. Most girls do not care about the stereotype of a man that people insist upon here.

I think the deeper part to Aheyor's question isn't what it takes to be a man but how in the fuck do women appreciate it?

The art of being a man is being lost upon us slowly and slowly.

I find myself thinking the same thing when I drive by a group of skinny jean wearing metro's....then I laugh at the thought of the older generation laughing at me when I was wearing a Famous shirt 10 years ago.

These boys are still stuck in the high school phase where girls like Beiber cuts and 80's looking tank tops. In a few years it'll all change and there will be a new batch of weirdos to hate on.

QFT

Spot on mate

Women will fuck the men and date the boys.

Lmao I'm 20 and I know exactly what you're talking about. It's a real existential crisis when I have to decide between being a man and getting laid by that hot Hipster chick on the off chance I'm in the city.

Funny story.

My old buoy tender (big ass boat) made an unscheduled stop in Chicago one winter and not thinking we'd be hitting anywhere with a decent nightlife, I didn't pack any good clothes (when we knew we were pulling into decent ports, I packed better threads)

Long story short, I was wearing my running shoes, jeans, long sleeve t shirt and my black Carhartt work jacket, walked into a popular downtown piano bar, and was instantly fell upon by 5 good looking city chicks who apparently had a thing for men in Carhartts (thinking I was some kind of country boy). I played it up and entertained (I'm married) and introduced them to the next 5 single guys from my boat who walked in (4 of them were wearing the same black Carhartt jacket i was one or two were actual country boys southern accent and all). Several of those bastards got taken home.

Moral of story
Some women want men that look and dress like men

This couldn't be more true. After the ladies turn 20-25, the Bieber look is out and Hugh Jackman look is in.

I think the deeper part to Aheyor's question isn't what it takes to be a man but how in the fuck do women appreciate it?

Great sig man. The Book of Five Rings is one of my most cherished possessions. I have an imported Japanese copy that sits on the mantle, great book.

Funny story.

My old buoy tender (big ass boat) made an unscheduled stop in Chicago one winter and not thinking we'd be hitting anywhere with a decent nightlife, I didn't pack any good clothes (when we knew we were pulling into decent ports, I packed better threads)

Long story short, I was wearing my running shoes, jeans, long sleeve t shirt and my black Carhartt work jacket, walked into a popular downtown piano bar, and was instantly fell upon by 5 good looking city chicks who apparently had a thing for men in Carhartts (thinking I was some kind of country boy). I played it up and entertained (I'm married) and introduced them to the next 5 single guys from my boat who walked in (4 of them were wearing the same black Carhartt jacket i was one or two were actual country boys southern accent and all). Several of those bastards got taken home.

Moral of story
Some women want men that look and dress like men

I never heard of a carhartt jacket but I'm getting 1 tomorrow

This couldn't be more true. After the ladies turn 20-25, the Bieber look is out and Hugh Jackman look is in.
Hugh Jackman is in only when they're ovulating.

According to some research women tend to find more feminine males attractive nowadays because they are on the pill.

Look at this hairy man, he must be Hetero as fuck

gay_pride_bikers-t2.jpg

Boy, those older generations sure dressed manly, not like those metrosexuals

washington.gif

Back