Is it good that the Canadian military is cracking down on cannabis?

The_Death_of_General_Montgomery_in_the_Attack_on_Quebec_December_31_1775.jpeg

One of the stupidest military moves of all time. Hey guys let's invade that piece of ice.

No but just because something is a substance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be allowed to take it while working. Can you still perform to an acceptable standard? Then it should be allowed.

Inb4 the employees start trying to cook 20 poptarts in the coffee machine while giggling uncontrollably

Testing for marijuana is common in many professions. Truck driving, for example.

Whether you agree that it should be tested or not in general is one thing, but I don't see why the military doing the same thing should be considered weird.

Who cares? If you are dumb enough to join the military that's your own fault.

No but just because something is a substance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be allowed to take it while working. Can you still perform to an acceptable standard? Then it should be allowed.
That's fine if you're sitting behind a desk, not when you're issued a gun and sent out to who-knows where.

As I said I don't know. But it all comes down to the fact it's very hard for them to tell when you had it and how much.
It is this aspect of DUI enforcement I am concerned about when it comes to weed (leaving the military aside for a moment and speaking of civilians). They can measure the amount of weed in your system, but at lower amounts, how is that any way to judge if you are impaired or not?

Since you consider it reasonable, are there other jobs you would like to see month long bans of smoking marijuana with threat of charges?

I would like to see these rules apply to all government employees.

If it were my tax dollars paying their salary, I would appreciate a guarantee that the employees perform to their full potential.

Back