Is it good that the Canadian military is cracking down on cannabis?

Lavalamp

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
No weed during training
No weed during operations at home
No weed during operations abroad

No weed 24 hours before firefighting or medical response or touching a gun

No weed can enter military aircraft

No weed 28 days before serving on a submarine or aircraft

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/military-pot-policy-1.4814217

There is a outright prohibition on use while members are serving on operations at home and abroad, and during training periods.

Marijuana will not be allowed on military aircraft or ships.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/canadian...ational-marijuana-policy-for-troops-1.4084393

The restrictions jump to 28 days for anyone who will be serving on a submarine or as a crew member on a military plane

I'm not sure what the Canadian military does really matters one way or another. :confused:

Uhh, yeah, that's a good thing.

I'm not sure what the Canadian military does really matters one way or another. :confused:

There was a time when Canadians were considered tough, but now Canada is known for frequent apologizing and virtue signalling. Sad.

Justin-Trudeau-Crying-620x575.jpg

There was a time when Canadians were considered tough, but now Canada is known for frequent apologizing and virtue signalling. Sad.

It was just a playful jab, I love Canadians. I'm from North Dakota and been back/forth quite a few times. You guys have always been nice and said sorry a lot though lol.

This thread offends me.

Out everything I've ever read on this site, this is the one thread that has caused a muscle spasm in my eye.

Fuck you, i hope you sit on a pack of light bulbs.

According to my thorough and infallible research, you mention Trudeau in 78% of your posts. That's double the rate @Ripskater references Jesus. You also have a vast collection of Trudeau pics for every occasion. Your obsession and devotion to him is admirable in its thoroughness.

Can you even test for weed 20 days or 40 days ago?

But basically yes it is fine and reasonable.

According to my thorough and infallible research, you mention Trudeau in 78% of your posts. That's double the rate @Ripskater references Jesus. You also have a vast collection of Trudeau pics for every occasion. Your obsession and devotion to him is admirable in its thoroughness.

Well Trudeau is an inspiration very great leader.

It was just a playful jab, I love Canadians. I'm from North Dakota and been back/forth quite a few times. You guys have always been nice and said sorry a lot though lol.
You didn't play hockey, eh?

Since you consider it reasonable, are there other jobs you would like to see month long bans of smoking marijuana with threat of charges?

Since you consider it reasonable, are there other jobs you would like to see month long bans of smoking marijuana with threat of charges?

Any job where you work with things designed to kill people, medical, heavy machinery.

Basically jobs with life and death decisions.

Cracking down? They're allowing members to smoke it.

They could have said no.

Before you could be discharged for it unless you made a run to mental health and claimed you had a drug problem. Then go to rehab.

Lol I know some ATC guys who were looking forward to doing it on their leave but they cant with the whole 28 days thing.

I'll be allowed!!!!!!! At least most of the time.

Cannabis can stay in your system for up to 90 days, hence the issue with it in legal states. They have no way to really test for for it yet(DUI wise) because it stays in your system for so long. It gets stored in your fat cells. The fatter you are the longer it can stay in your system as it stores up. This is a good chart.
How_Long_Marijuana_Stay_Bloodstream-662x1024.gif

Cracking down? They're allowing members to smoke it.

They could have said no.

Before you could be discharged for it unless you made a run to mental health and claimed you had a drug problem. Then go to rehab.

Agreed, seems fairly lenient to me.

Cannabis can stay in your system for up to 90 days, hence the issue with it in legal states. They have no way to really test for for it yet(DUI wise) because it stays in your system for so long. It gets stored in your fat cells. The fatter you are the longer it can stay in your system as it stores up. This is a good chart.
How_Long_Marijuana_Stay_Bloodstream-662x1024.gif

According to various reports people are getting caught for driving on pot when they smoked days ago. That's a saliva test, well you wipe some thing on your tongue.

Could just be people making excuses but I'd take that chart with a grain of salt

However, it does agree with my understanding that it's really hard to tell when you had it.

Back