Is it fair to say Conor initiated this prevalence of ducking and cherrypicking in MMA?

Yes

But also ufc.
This, but I put most of the blame on the UFC.

Fighters are like people in general. Everybody prefers low risk, high reward to high risk, low reward. Is there a single person who questions that?

I do not think any fighter has problems with following rules and doing what's expected of him or her. The problem starts when the UFC fudges the rules and plays favoritism.

I do blame the UFC, but that doesn't mean the fighters should be absolved of the blame, either. Conor isn't fighting Tony Ferguson because he's terrified of losing and thus losing the Mayweather payday.

So in your opinion these guys fight for honor? Tony would turn down Mayweather or GSP if he got the chance to fight Khabib instead?

When you start earning money yourself, And need to feed your children, you will understand how this works.

To a degree. It's not that champs don't want to fight the best, it's that thy want more money cuz it's riskier and in turn when they don't get their asking price, it seems like it's ducking.

Ducking? Fighting the biggest challenges is not ducking. He fought everybody they put in front of him including a short notice replacement in Chad Mendes, then he fought one of the p4p greatest in Aldo, moved up and fought the Champion! At 155, he rematched hes only UFC loss and won, now hes re adjusting to box one of the greatest boxers whod ever lived. Thers only 24hrs in a day and 365 days in the year, how was he suppose to take on more challenges than he already has? Drop the biggest fight of the century, witch by the way also is the biggest challenge imo, to defend hes UFC titles?

No, but it's stupid.

Since Conor has never ducked anyone, in fact he goes out of his way to find the biggest challenge.

So in your opinion these guys fight for honor? Tony would turn down Mayweather or GSP if he got the chance to fight Khabib instead?

When you start earning money yourself, And need to feed your children, you will understand how this works.

Are you Conor's accountant? You sound more invested in his bank balance than seeing the best matchups being made.

Conor took money fights to a whole other level

Are you Conor's accountant? You sound more invested in his bank balance than seeing the best matchups being made.
No. I am not even a supporter of Conor. I obviously don't care about his bank account, but he is a grown up, making his own money, so of course he will go after the best deal. Blaming him or Bisping or Nick or Tyron for it is just silly. Blame the UFC if you need to, but not the guys that risk their health for a living.

Do you think Ferguson or Khabib or Aldo or anyone would turn down a fight with GSP or Conor or Floyd?

In all my years of following the sport, I cannot remember a period in which so many actual champions were so openly ducking the toughest fights available. Bisping, Johnson, the Dutch girl - it just all seems to have coincided with Conor's rise, which has seen him effectively put two weight divisions at a standstill at one point and desperately chase a retired boxer instead of defending his title against the most deserving contender in his division right now. It seems more and more fighters are seeing how much they can push their luck with the new management as a result of how much they've enabled Conor's behaviour thus far.

It's a bad look for the UFC and been a very poor year for them. They always compared themselves with boxing and prided themselves on delivering the best fights, something boxing has often been guilty of failing to deliver fans. The irony is, boxing has actually been providing top quality matchups this year and the ducking and cherrypicking seems to have shifted over to the UFC.

As a fan, let's hope Conor stops insulting the integrity of the sport and the fans intelligence of its fans and actually starts behaving like an actual champion, as opposed to some meaningless belt collector. Maybe then the rest of the sport can follow suit.
You're an idiot. Conor has made the most $$$ in UFC history ... he's the first fighter with a brain .. well Brock and gsp did pretty well too..

Dana lets him do it.
Dana is using that fraud to wreck the integrity of the company.

Yeh...

Ducked mendes
Ducked Aldo
Ducked rda
Ducked diaz
Ducked alvarez

In all my years of following the sport, I cannot remember a period in which so many actual champions were so openly ducking the toughest fights available. Bisping, Johnson, the Dutch girl - it just all seems to have coincided with Conor's rise, which has seen him effectively put two weight divisions at a standstill at one point and desperately chase a retired boxer instead of defending his title against the most deserving contender in his division right now. It seems more and more fighters are seeing how much they can push their luck with the new management as a result of how much they've enabled Conor's behaviour thus far.

It's a bad look for the UFC and been a very poor year for them. They always compared themselves with boxing and prided themselves on delivering the best fights, something boxing has often been guilty of failing to deliver fans. The irony is, boxing has actually been providing top quality matchups this year and the ducking and cherrypicking seems to have shifted over to the UFC.

As a fan, let's hope Conor stops insulting the integrity of the sport and the fans intelligence of its fans and actually starts behaving like an actual champion, as opposed to some meaningless belt collector. Maybe then the rest of the sport can follow suit.

Yeah, ducking Aldo, dos Anjos, Diaz II on a full camp, Alvarez who was going to 'grapplefuck' him.

What was the stat; the 3 times he fought last year made more than the whole roster combined? He probably brings in the money that pays fighters their purse.

Bisping or Johnson never asked for the fights that were offered to them. de Randamie is the Champion of a division that has 3 fighters in it.

ps;

As a fan, let's hope Conor stops insulting the integrity of the sport and the fans intelligence of its fans

{<huh}

100 percent, the new generation of champions picking "money" fights all started with conor, he has a great way of doing the ducking tho where most people dont even realize its happening and he convinces them that a rematch with nate diaz a fringe top 10 LW is a more important fight then a rematch with the most deserving person in ufc history aldo made more sense. People will still argue that to this day, its one of his many skill sets the guy is legit at playing people.

Shit look at sherdog right now majority of people care more about his bank account then they do watching him fight and then turn around and call themselves fight fans. its a weird time man

Ah, tell us more how a two time Champion is a 'fraud'

Or just put it in your sig <36>
If you really want to hear more, I could go into a lengthy analysis of why he's the worst champ in history.
But these facts are already widely known.
He's a fucking fraud being protected by uncle Dana.

If you really want to hear more, I could go into a lengthy analysis of why he's the worst champ in history.
But these facts are already widely known.
He's a fucking fraud being protected by uncle Dana.

I'd love to read your analysis.

But you know what, be honest and add in the things that tick you off. By that I mean; in relation to him beating one of your favourite fighters. That's all I think your issue is with him - which is your prerogative - but if you're a capitalist company like the UFC that's always put profit before the 'integrity of the sport' you're going to let him fight Diaz again. Or fight Alvarez - even though Alvarez called him out. I think you know all of this, anyway.

But I would genuinely be curious to read what you have to say.

Conor hasn't ducked Ferguson, yet. The Mayweather fight is huge, he'd be an idiot to turn it down if it's actually available.

For him to duck Ferguson he would have to have an MMA fight with another LW less deserving than Ferguson. I wouldn't call fighting Woodley at WW ducking either.

It's been 8 months and he still has no plan to defend his belt when there's a number one contender waiting. I call that ducking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back