Is it fair to say Conor initiated this prevalence of ducking and cherrypicking in MMA?

So we blame Conor for going after moneyfights? For wanting to support his family. Do you Seriously think anyone fights for the honor? If you don't like the matchups, blame the UFC.

I do blame the UFC, but that doesn't mean the fighters should be absolved of the blame, either. Conor isn't fighting Tony Ferguson because he's terrified of losing and thus losing the Mayweather payday.

59508245.jpg

Yes you would see people tend to duck for awhile unless a championship was involved. How many times has conor defended a belt?

When conor "Ducks" he is usually going after people he supposedly has no chance to beat according to sherdog

And the money fight thing had been going on for years beforehand,gsp with diaz,jones with chael etc

Short notice Mendes is ducking?
Also is ducking?
Rematch against guy who beat him on short notice is ducking?
Lightweight Champion is ducking?
Undefeated, world champion boxer ducking?

Conor's ducking himself into some pretty stiff competotion.

I do blame the UFC, but that doesn't mean the fighters should be absolved of the blame, either. Conor isn't fighting Tony Ferguson because he's terrified of losing and thus losing the Mayweather payday.

It would be amazing if the UFC had some sort of protocol to enforce a set of guidelines that their champs need to adhere to. Unfortunately, they don't and are powerless.

The end.

Anderson already ducked and cherrypicked when Conor hadn't even started training yet.

It is fair to call that a fact since he promised to go back to 145 and defend his title numerous times so Dana would turn his head to what his current ideas was and now he is doing it again at 155

Conor hasn't ducked Ferguson, yet. The Mayweather fight is huge, he'd be an idiot to turn it down if it's actually available.

For him to duck Ferguson he would have to have an MMA fight with another LW less deserving than Ferguson. I wouldn't call fighting Woodley at WW ducking either.
While I'd be against Conor fighting Woodley because it would be wasting deserving the time of contenders at both LW and WW, that would be an insanely risky move for Conor and take serious balls. Woodley is much bigger and both a powerful wrestler as well as a hard puncher.

On topic: lol, no. People have attempted to duck, have ducked and will duck in MMA and Conor is not the cause of this. To this point he's never ducked anyone.

Not that I blame Connor for fighting Floyd I mean that is crazy money but as a champion you have certain obligations and he has not met any of them so when he wins a title he should vacate it so somebody who will meet their obligations can win it because he obviously wants to win it to say he got it then say fuck this

It is fair to call that a fact since he promised to go back to 145 and defend his title numerous times so Dana would turn his head to what his current ideas was and now he is doing it again at 155
Do you reckon if Conor was able to fight RDA he would still have not fought again at 145?

In any case, Dana was happy to leave Conor to do as he wanted in other divisions. FW was never a big deal for him before Conor came along and Conor's fights in other divisions were great successes.

The money that the UFC is losing with Connor not headlining 3 PPV's a year is beyond what we can imagine so if he does not want to work what good is he

Ronda ducked Cyborg and cherrypicked Bethe before Conor did anything like that.

Conor initiated ISIS, AIDS, ducking in combat sports, among many other things.

Go back, and look at EVERY ZUFFA UFC champion.

Research how many of them won a belt. And, then remained in the company, for their very next fight. Yet, did NOT defend that belt in that fight.

Conor, and Ronda represented a quantum shift within the UFC. They sold the biggest cards, in the general time of 2015.

I mean, come on...

Where were champs calling out ANYBODY, on a regular basis ? Or, ducking the top contenders, just 5 years ago ?

Ronda didn't ever call anybody out ( Ignore both parties pertaining to Rousey vs Cyborg ). But, she was quite seriously, a very good, and respectable ( RESPECTABLE... not respectful ) champion. As far as the attitude of ...

I'm the best. Who is next ?

Is it Conor's fault ?

An unequivocal FUCKING RIGHTS. That would be the answer. But, he played the UFC, and that cannot be denied.

The UFC seriously fucked up.

Or, wait...

Did Zuffa just run out ALL of their STAR POWER. For about a year. Showcasing the numbers that could be drawn. All for some unknown reason ?

Ronda did not even fight in 2016, until Jan 30. But, we knew her drawing power until she lost at the end of 2015.

Then the fuckery surrounding Conor. I won't even go into it. Because if you don't understand, or see it objectively. You never will.

Zuffa scored one of the biggest sales ever. Compared to the price they paid to buy the UFC.

I see where they were thinking. I believe WEM is clueless. I have a hard time imagining how they start paying down that debt, right now.

Of course they have serious holdings, as collateral. But, the UFC grossed $150M profit.

I hoestly don't understand how they get the purchase price back. 2015 was Zuffa's biggest year ever ( as reported by
Lorenzo ). They cleared $150M.

Back, when I actually gave a fuck, I ran the numbers. IIRC...

With $150000000 profit EVERY year. It would take something like 28 years to recoup just the purchase price of 4.2B.

I hoestly don't understand how they get the purchase price back. 2015 was Zuffa's biggest year ever ( as reported by
Lorenzo ). They cleared $150M.

Back, when I actually gave a fuck, I ran the numbers. IIRC...

With $150000000 profit EVERY year. It would take something like 28 years to recoup just the purchase price of 4.2B.

WME-IMG isn't the least bit concerned with recouping the purchase price. They know that they're probably never going to get it all back and they're perfectly okay with that. They have money to burn and they wanted in the MMA business even though they realized they were losing tons of money. They know what they're doing.

Back