is it ever okay to hit your kids?

The logic is exactly the same.

You trying to worm your way out of your own words isn't interesting to me.

So, you know.

Bye.

I explained the difference and you didn't even address that point.

And here you are again being unpleasant. Welcome to the ignore function.

I explained the difference and you didn't even address that point.

And here you are again being unpleasant. Welcome to the ignore function.

Bye now.

beatkid4.jpg

Hitting with a closed fist? Fuck no.

Spanking their shit when they do something wrong? It worked, for me.

A lot of kids, who don't recieve physical reprimand, grow up to be whiny snowflakes, who are disobedient, little miscreants, that have poor discipline. Only speaking from personal experience, but I believe spanking is fine, when done in the right way, such as explaining what they did wrong, afterwards.
This, so much. I used it only as a last resort, after I've talked over and over and she insists on doing it, and never ever in public.

I think the worst thing a parent can do to their own children is bend to their will and let them get away with shit. Life will spank them a lot harder in the future.

but so is every single piece of evidence against judicious corporal punishment. oh wait...none exists.
all data on spanking pools spanking with beating
all data on spanking is the lowest quality evidence: survey and database evidence

PS. i've already stated, i personally do not support, endorse, or believe in corporal punishment for my kids; but i am not so arrogant to believe that my opinion and shaky low-quality data justifies telling other parents that judicious spanking is wrong.
maxresdefault.jpg

"What are you even talking about?"

lol, sherdog where bullshit reigns supreme. your comments are not true and wrong

violence is WIDELY accepted in our society. proof:
you can kill a home invader in many states/countries
death penalty is accepted in many states/countries
almost every country has gone to war and participated in killing others
many countries use corporal punishment to deal with those who violate their laws (caning, etc)
many countries use torture to obtain their goals

PS. you are allowed to animals in public (i.e. spank them gently on the butt); you just can't beat them. hell, you're even allowed to hit your kids (if i gently swat my kids butt), you just can't beat them. (yes, definitions are subjective)

You say MY points are bullshit, then you counter with silly bullshit that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Seems legit.

1. A home invader is threatening your families safety

2. Death penalty is generally reserved for serial killers or mass killings.

3. You're talking about war now? War? In what way does this compare to spanking your kids? Can any average citizen murder whoever they want or delcare war against whoever they want? Oh they can't so these points in no way refute what I was saying? Cool.

4. Caning and the like mostly occurs in backwards ass third world countries. The fact that violence is mostly endorsed by idiots only furthers my points.

If that were true, wouldn't kids have been more violent in the 50's 60's, etc when spanking was the norm? As opposed to now when they shoot each other in the face?

lolwut? This generation has the lowest amount of violence overall that we have ever seen. All forms of violent crime have been trending downwards for decades now.

Just because we have a more sensationalist media doesn't mean society is actually getting more violent. It's like saying teen pregnancies must be up because of Maury and Teen Mom.

Edit: http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...gun-crime-are-both-dropping-charles-c-w-cooke

"Today, the national crime rate is about half of what it was at its height in 1991. Violent crime has fallen by 51 percent since 1991, and property crime by 43 percent. In 2013 the violent crime rate was the lowest since 1970. And this holds true for unreported crimes as well. According to the National Crime Victimization Survey, since 1993 the rate of violent crime has declined from 79.8 to 23.2 victimizations per 1,000 people."

Last edited:
lolwut? This generation has the lowest amount of violence overall that we have ever seen. All forms of violent crime have been trending downwards for decades now.

Just because we have a more sensationalist media doesn't mean society is actually getting more violent. It's like saying teen pregancies must be up because of Maury and Teen Mom.

This. Rates of violence were much higher in the 50's and 60's.

We're tricked into believing it's worse now because we have access to every single thing that happens, due to social media and 24 hour news networks. Actual crime statistics show that the violent crime rates among all demographics are lower than ever before.

Where I come from the kids hit back. Fuck that shit

Spanking is ok. Builds character and respect for authority. Something kids lack today.

Where I come from the kids hit back. Fuck that shit

Maybe if you didn't have the muscle tone of a 12 year old japanese girl that wouldn't be an issue.

This. Rates of violence were much higher in the 50's and 60's.

We're tricked into believing it's worse now because we have access to every single thing that happens, due to social media and 24 hour news networks. Actual crime statistics show that the violent crime rates among all demographics are lower than ever before.

Yep violence gets clicks and views. I think a lot of people assume there's some level of neutrality in the media, but it's an entirely for profit venture at this point. They make it seem like everything is an epidemic. In reality the current generation is less violent, less likely to get pregnant as teens, to smoke etc.

A few posts ago someone was mentioning mental illness rates are higher now. I mean it couldn't be that we actually have the ability to evaluate mental health now. When I was growing up in the 90's they were just beginning to talk publicly about mental illness, and that's only 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Yep violence gets clicks and views. I think a lot of people assume there's some level of netruality in the media, but it's an entirely for profit venture at this point. They make it seem like everything is an epedemic. In reality the current generation is less violent, less likely to get pregnant as teens, to smoke etc.

A few posts ago someone was mentioning mental illness rates are higher now. I mean it couldn't be that we actually have the ability to evaluate mental health now. When I was growing up in the 90's they were just beginning to talk publicly about mental illness, and that's only 20 years ago.

Yep.

"Autism rates are going up!"

Probably not. We're just much better at catching and diagnosing it now than we were even 10 years ago.

Spanking is ok. Builds character and respect for authority. Something kids lack today.

IT actually doesn't do those things. Violence is not character building. I keep seeing people position it as if it's violence or have rebellious monsters. There are many, many ways to discipline children and they're pretty much all more effective than hitting them. Hitting is the last resort of people that aren't smart enough to instill respect, so they settle for fear. Fear is temporary though, respect is forever.

Spanking your kids is like slapping your wife, it's a lazy and criminal way to get your point across, and all it does is make them fear you.

Fear is a cheap form of respect that wears out and turns against you eventually.

IT actually doesn't do those things. Violence is not character building. I keep seeing people position it as if it's violence or have rebellious monsters. There are many, many ways to discipline children and they're pretty much all more effective than hitting them. Hitting is the last resort of people that aren't smart enough to instill respect, so they settle for fear. Fear is temporary though, respect is forever.
You a snowflake in your 20's?

Yep.

"Autism rates are going up!"

Probably not. We're just much better at catching and diagnosing it now than we were even 10 years ago.

Yep people say "but we didn't have these problems back in the golden age!" Complete sentimental bullshit. Anyone that displayed abnormal behavior was sent to a state run mental hospital, and they were complete horror shows. So much so that they were eventually all shut down, once it got out to the public how horrific they were. They also used shoving a spike into someone's brain as a method of pacifying them back then.

Gee I wonder if that lead a lot of people to keep their mental problems to themselves. It was keep up appearances or lose all of your rights and property.

People talk about teen pregnancy now, but in the 50's and 60's it was such a big problem they had tons of homes, essentially orphanages for pregnant chicks, that they sent girls to when they got pregnant.

It wasn't that nobody had these problems when we had this pure american lifestyle, it's that anything taboo was kept out of the public eye and basically handled the worst way possible. Zero prevention or care.

You a snowflake in your 20's?

No, it's funny how this is the go to reasoning any time someone disagrees. Oh you must be part of a group of people that I dismiss completely.

as I said a couple pages back i'm 35 years old, I grew up in a time where everyone still hit their kids and it was thought of as discipline.

Ma always hit me with thiny branches, whipped me (Slavery I´m Slavic), and I gotta say that shit scientificaly changes your braina and prepares you for kickboxing. Moms beatings hence are a success, you go ma.

By just about every objective measure "kids these days" are a lot more respectful and well behaved than the previous 2-3 generations.

Every generation likes to complain about the newest generation, but the fact is that the millennials look like model citizens compared to gen-xrs and boomers that came before them.

Violent crime is way down, teen pregnancy is way down, STD's are down, education is up, and young people are working harder for less than they did 20 years ago. .

Back