Is It Easier To Defend Khabibs Takedowns or Conors Hands?

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
this will probably determine who wins.

Historically the wrestler became obsolete against the sprawl and brawl fighter but for some reason this khabib guy seems to be unstoppable.

Someone will probably post the picture of Conor being choked out in this thread

Khabib went 0 for 13 takedown attempts in the UFC. Conor has never missed 13 punches in a row. Case closed, end thread.

Someone will probably post the picture of Conor being choked out in this thread
YrUEFPT.jpg

this will probably determine who wins.

Historically the wrestler became obsolete against the sprawl and brawl fighter but for some reason this khabib guy seems to be unstoppable.
Only in an alternate history.
FW and MW currently have sprawl and brawler champs if you want to use that phrase. Every other division has a wrestling/grappling based fighter as the champ.

Yeah, to say wrestlers are obsolete is just a blatantly ignorant claim. Look at Covington. Can't strike for shit, but he managed to win his last two fights based mostly off toughness and pressure fighting using his wrestling.

Nate diaz closed the distance and walked Conor into the clinch simply by employing a high guard.

Ragin' Al stuffed him alright.
They're both great fighters but it's fair to say that, at this point, they're both highly over-rated.

Nate diaz closed the distance and walked Conor into the clinch simply by employing a high guard.

Conor adjusted and started throwing body shots, which consequently turned the fight around. It's something Khabib can utilize in the later rounds though.

Conor adjusted and started throwing body shots, which consequently turned the fight around. It's something Khabib can utilize in the later rounds though.

It worked for Diaz in both fights multiple times. Diaz definitely ate his share of body shots, though. I think Khabib will be willing to eat some body shots just to get his hands on conor. If conor plants his feet for hooks to the body and khabib is walking forward with the high guard, then conor is already in clinching range for khabib.

It worked for Diaz in both fights multiple times. Diaz definitely ate his share of body shots, though. I think Khabib will be willing to eat some body shots just to get his hands on conor. If conor plants his feet for hooks to the body and khabib is walking forward with the high guard, then conor is already in clinching range for khabib.

Or Khabib eats a clean liver shot and collapses. I doubt Conor would miss the sweet opportunity after going through the extensive boxing training. Khabib better works on his footstep and faint, if he are to use it from the very beginning.

Or Khabib eats a clean liver shot and collapses. I doubt Conor would miss the sweet opportunity after going through the extensive boxing training. Khabib better works on his footstep and faint, if he are to use it from the very beginning.

Possible. Didn't land one in 7 rounds against diaz's soft body, though. Hasn't really landed one in his whole career as far as I can recall. It's not something I'd bet money on, but it's possible.

Kind of a nonsense comparison..

I’m really curious to see how much Conor’s hands has developed after Mayweather. He was nowhere near his level ofc but thinking about how far ahead his striking was before the boxing fight it’s a interesting dark horse for the future.

Possible. Didn't land one in 7 rounds against diaz's soft body, though. Hasn't really landed one in his whole career as far as I can recall. It's not something I'd bet money on, but it's possible.

He surely did.

iS4KJq5.gif

conor-jab-comp.gif

7c89a98da674e809daf9ed50e5a11029.gif

He got that nutshot too, so khabib better be careful

If those were liver shots, then nate and floyd would have shut down.

I'm only saying he has thrown body shots more than you might think. With the polished boxing, Conor definitely has a good chance at landing some good body shots.

the other question is ; will Conor be scared of the TD and change his game

Back