Is it Classless to Celebrate When your Opponent is hurt really bad? Should You Wait to Celebrate?

Thinking of Urijah Hall turning and looking away on his knees when Weidman was crippled.

Not a TKO or regular stoppage. What about when your opponent is out cold, face down, gurgling in a pool of Saliva and blood?!

Yelling and Cheering like you won the lottery when you don't know if the guy on the floor will wake up.

Is it better to wait to see if the guy is okay before cheering and celebrating?

It would suck if you were celebrating and then later found out they were comatose.
c37c39a0e6ebd47737da4163f2000fcf1c4839eb.gifv

images

images

images

I prefer Lyoto style respecting your opponent always, you won ok don't need to get too emotional.

on the other side has a man who has a family, he helped you test your fight skills and deserve respect.
You have got to understand that destroying the opponent is something you are trained to do,and your own health is at risk because someone is tryin to do the same...so at FIRST there is jubilation,a rush,a high,and some relief as well.

It might take a second to come down and feel for the other guy.

I dont find it always disrespectful because some fighters style is to pull deep into the depths of some bad shit to pull out a win. Not everyone can win on technical brilliance,or in a calm manner.
eb25cdd1288ac914e524424c7d693541.gif

bellator-mma.gif

I always thought it was badass when a person remains calm when he wins, that's why I love Ryu and Fedor.

i'm attracted to silent killers I hate emotional people.

Of course you can be technical and get ko's.

Im just sayin Machida usually goes for one shot to take the guy out.His shot selection is very patient,and hes too cool for school out there. People point this out to say everyone should be like that,but thats impossible.
He had one punch KO power if he timed his counters or blitzes well. Not everyone has that type of power/precision/timing, so some will require more strikes to get it done. But yes, Machida is very technical.

If your opponent has been talking shit about you and your family and threatening to send you out on a stretcher, then yes. You celebrate in his face so they remember always. You have to give respect to get respect.

c37c39a0e6ebd47737da4163f2000fcf1c4839eb.gifv

images

images

images

I prefer Lyoto style respecting your opponent always, you won ok don't need to get too emotional.

on the other side has a man who has a family, he helped you test your fight skills and deserve respect.

eb25cdd1288ac914e524424c7d693541.gif

bellator-mma.gif

I always thought it was badass when a person remains calm when he wins, that's why I love Ryu and Fedor.

i'm attracted to silent killers I hate emotional people.

Thats one of many reasons why Mark Hunt was so well revered by fans and a bad motherfucker . Nothing cooler then calmly walking away or a bow after a KO .
SEpP.gif

Last edited:
Imagine waking up to shevchenko tap dancing over you after she sends you to the shadow realm
ScarceMiserableDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif
She was actually really concerned about Eye after she wouldnt get up. The cameraman couldnt show Jessica,so they kept it on Val,and you can tell was Val was pissed the camera kept being on her. Like FUCK OFF,hahaha

Injuries like the Silva/Weidman leg snap or the Cote mystery snap you probably shouldn't celebrate. Mcnuggets is the exception though as he is a complete piece of shit.

Bad KOs/Follow up ones like Hendo vs Bisping 1, Masvidal vs Askren or Lewis vs Blaydes where he was left screaming and crying on the ground are fine to celebrate if they were asking for it. Which all of the above definitely were

When a guy like Lyoto checks on his opponents he shows awareness of his surroundings. All don't have that. All aren't as experienced standing as he is. He grew up with it. Knows different situations. Isn't emotional in there. A lot of it is emotion. Of course I respect a fighter who can control his.

Nothing classless about it. These guys are literally training to hurt their opponents and get a finish. Seems really dumb to say it's classless to celebrate when they succeed.

It's probably also worth noting that they're not celebrating their opponents ill health, but rather the pride and thrill they are feeling about being victorious. There's a difference. If someone is actually celebrating the fact that they hurt someone, then sure, they're probably a shithead, but celebrating after a devastating finish doesn't mean they're celebrating what happened to the opponent. It's much more likely that they're just basking in their victory.

If the celebration involves sexy booty dance, no restrictions necessary.

Back