Is it better to win the LHW belt or be the first to beat Jones?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If you were Gustafsson right now would you rather beat DC and win the belt. Or be the first to beat Jones?

Gus already beat Jones. Time for him to go after the belt.

For status and money, the belt.

Imagine having a win over Jon Jones on your resume though.
Nobody can take that away from Matt Hamill.
<GinJuice>

Beating a juiced to gills Jones would be something. I imagine beating a clean Jones wouldn't be all that special

Gus and Latifi are two top LHWs who have publicly said its more important to beat Jones.

Jones will always be DC’s superior.

Also reminder: Gus ducked Jones rematch at UFC 178.
6B7704B9-DD9B-493E-901A-1ADA7DC9DA24.png

The belt.

Fuck fighting a cheater.

KEvOlvb.jpg

The belt comes with a nice payday an non championship fight against Jones comes with a 45k/45k payday plus some free Reebok shoes.

you make it sound like he has a choice
Div8xk9VQAUN2rt.jpg

it's either Jones or someone lower than him(Gus) in the rankings. Neither of those bums deserve a fight with the natty goat.

Everyone keeps bringing up Jones like if he's even coming back? Weren't we waiting on those USADA court date since like April? The guys obviously fucking banned thats why he's sitting on twitter talking shit and rolling around AKA a former shell of himself. He'll be back when DC retires and be butthurt that DC lived the life he was supposed too.

Financially it's better to be the champ but in terms of all-time greatness beating JBJ would have a higher standing IMO.

If I was a fighter, I would rather beat Jon Jones. There are many LHW champs over the years, but NOBODY has beat Jones and only one will EVER be the first to beat him. Few knew who Buster Douglas was until he beat Mike Tyson. His name still is talked about to this day.

A belt goes down in history, Jones already has a loss on his record.

For status and money, the belt.

Imagine having a win over Jon Jones on your resume though.
Nobody can take that away from Matt Hamill.
<GinJuice>
No doubt. Jones wanted a rematch, but Hamill wasn't hearing it

Back