Is it a good program

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Reaper0314, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Reaper0314

Reaper0314 White Belt

Hey guys im new in the forum, so i dont know if this is the correct place to post this. The thing is ive always loved mma, (watching of course)...so after lots and lots of weight loss from track and field(running a lot) i decided to try going for it , not competively but just to learn the sport.... so theres this gym close to my house, and they are certified by american top team to give their level 1 mma program and there also also boxing, bjj, taewondo and fitness yoga for 135 monthly...i already went and i loved it ..but i just wanna know is it a good deal....like even though they dont offer muay thai..they have monthly seminars for different martial arts including muay thai.... thanx

2. c0r1nth14n

c0r1nth14n Blue Belt

Last time i checked, Muay Thai wasn't required for MMA :p And frankly I doubt you'd learn much from a monthly seminar. Seems like boxing and BJJ would do you just fine though, especially as a beginner.

3. rms13

rms13 Purple Belt

Top Team does have name recognition. And I don't know where you are but I pay about $140 a month for just muay thai with the option to add BJJ, MMA and crossfit classes if I want to pay more. So value wise it sounds like a good deal as long as the instructors are good. And I'm sure you are learning elements of muay thai in the mma class even if they don't have a muay thai class