Is Israel Adesanya the next Middleweight champion and will he ko Robert Whitaker if they fight?

Whitaker has the better boxing imo and with his karate background has enough kicks to get in range. Ive said since he was a WW winning TUF that he had a snappy/crispy left hook and has finished several foes with it ever since. Very underrated champion.

If Romero couldnt put him away i dont think Adesanya can . I dont know how much that war affected his chin though
Izzy is far more technical than Romero. Power doesn't mean everything. You seriously can't say just cause Romero couldnt finish Rob then Izzy can't. Izzy is a far better striker than Romero. Romero loses nearly every fight until he lands a killing blow.

Izzy is far more technical than Romero. Power doesn't mean everything. You seriously can't say just cause Romero couldnt finish Rob then Izzy can't. Izzy is a far better striker than Romero. Romero loses nearly every fight until he lands a killing blow.
Power doesn't mean everything, but it sure does help. Having the strength to land a killing blow has worked wonders for Yoel.

I need Israel to show me something really impressive before I can call him a future champ. He hasn't really shown me much yet.

Romero has way more power/explosiveness though.
1 clean shot from Romero & I think Adesanya might actually be the first death in the octagon. Dude thinks he's the second coming, but I bet he fizzles once he starts facing legit competition, like the last dozen or so hype trains.

Adesanya is a significantly better and more active striker than Romero.
Significant better at what? Yes his technical striking is better but saying he's a way better striker than romero is just straight up false. Romero himself is a great and dangerous counter striker

I believe Whittaker struggles with pure strikers. He does well against wrestlers/grapplers because of his amazing TDD and usually has the advantage in the striking realm against those guys. He was able to beat Brunson, Jacare and Romero (first fight) because of his TDD and being able to lit them up on the feet. He got beat by Wonderboy. Romero changed training coaches and adopted a new boxing style which gave Whittaker hell. Mousasi has been claimed as a bad matchup for Whittaker.
So you're saying that romero isn't a great striker because he has a wrestling background?
And the wonderboy is a while ago and Rob was very depleted at ww. He has improved drastically since then.

Power doesn't mean everything, but it sure does help. Having the strength to land a killing blow has worked wonders for Yoel.
Yeah and believe it or not Izzy has KO power too. Not on Yoels level but he has 80% KO rate.

but I bet he fizzles once he starts facing legit competition
That's why I'm not buying into him yet. He hasn't shown me much and his level of competition hasn't been that impressive either. Kelvin will be a good test for him.

Yeah and believe it or not Izzy has KO power too. Not on Yoels level but he has 80% KO rate.
There's definitely levels to this and Izzy isn't on Yoel's level yet. Power-wise, Yoel has one punch KO power while Izzy has to land quite a few to get a guy hurt.

Significant better at what? Yes his technical striking is better but saying he's a way better striker than romero is just straight up false. Romero himself is a great and dangerous counter striker
He's a significantly better striker.... Just stop. Romero's power is what saves him in striking. He has good defense but an extremely low output and not much variance in strikes.

I've seen nothing to make me believe either fighter tomorrow can beat Whittaker.

But shit, if he keeps taking these surgeries and long breaks, he could come back a lesser fighter and get beat by anyone.

Holy shit you're so fucking ignorant and dumb.
"Romero loses nearly every fight until he lands a killing blow"
Do you even mma, let alone romero fight? You do realize that's completely false right?
Romero was 1-1 against rockhold and he was winning in the third round until the ko
1-1 Against Kennedy until the third round.
1-1 against machida until the third round.
A spilt decision loss to whittaker
Beat jacare by decision.

Have Israel fight Romero.

Whittaker is the only MW to beat Romero. And he did it twice.

He's a significantly better striker.... Just stop. Romero's power is what saves him in striking. He has good defense but an extremely low output and not much variance in strikes.
No he's not, that's just straight up false.

"Romero's power is what saves him in striking"
False, it's his speed, power, striking defense and counter striking that saves him in striking.
"He has good defense but an extremely low outpu"
1: his output is not extremely low, it's actually pretty decent. And romero is a counter striker with tremendous power, of course his output is no going to be as high as is israel.
"not much variance in strikes"
Another false claim from you, anyone that watches romero fight know that he's one of the most creative and versatile striker in the UFC. He throws every strike in the book from a hook kick to a spinning back fist. Seriously go do some basic research before embarrassing yourself
giphy.gif

ConsciousDistinctIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

left-side-strikes-1.gif

8W9H.gif

Yoel-Romero-landed-a-couple-of-good-Side-Kick-that-looked-to-injure-Robert-Whittakers-leg-R1-.gif

giphy.gif

And much more, and you would know these basic facts if you actually watch his fight

Last edited:
Back