Is Israel Adesanya an overrated fighter?

Is Israel Adesanya an overrated fighter?

• Total voters
He has the second longest winstreak in UFC middleweight history.

He has beaten 4 of the 5 people in the top five of his division.

He is a World Class Kickboxer. I don’t think people are overrating his striking ability. He literally has 75 wins as pro kick boxer.

What exactly is overrated?

He's very good just doesn't put on good fights often times. I wouldn't compare him to Prime Silva like some do. Silva's defense and counter striking was jaw dropping sometimes which I've never had with Israel. That and Silva was a black belt and good on the ground.

I personally know Alex Stiebling I can assure you that motherfucker has never touched a steroid lol he fucking hates training.
They fought in Pride in 2002... that's on him.... and lets be real, steroids or no steroids Anderson murders him

Cool you know him though lol

How can the UFC MW champ be overrated? He's the best 185lb fighter in the world and is absolutely smoking everyone they put in front of him.

I think he's improved drastically since the Kelvin fight but honestly I would love for them to run it back.

Because p4p and all-time lists exist. For example, if people were calling him the best p4p fighter on the planet, or the GOAT MW, then clearly he would be overrated.

It's all good until the occasional random declares he's superior to Anderson

Overrated by whom?

If we're talking about hardcore MMA fans, then he's been grossly underrated for the duration of his UFC run.

People were claiming that he was a fraud and was going to get exposed every step of the way until he beat Whittaker for the title.

Israel is not overrated... right now he is best MW in world.....he is a different kinda of counter puncher then The Spider..
one never tries to take one to give one... where another was willing every once in while so much so we waited yrs to see him cut? or Bruised...
Anderson is Anderson and Israel is Israel....

Jan outstruck him easily..so..

Define "easily." Did Adesanya get KO'd into another dimension like all of Jan's previous opponents on his win streak to the LHW belt?

I think that Jan won 4 of 5 rounds, but he was nowhere near as confident taking it to Adesanya as he was against Reyes, Anderson or Rockhold.

He has the second longest winstreak in UFC middleweight history.

He has beaten 4 of the 5 people in the top five of his division.

He is a World Class Kickboxer. I don’t think people are overrating his striking ability. He literally has 75 wins as pro kick boxer.

What exactly is overrated?
This is why Khabib, and Usman, etc. don't wanna go up in weight, if you lose you get all this shit. Jan had like 30 lbs. on Izzy, but people will still never see him as invincible again

And these are the same people who will shit on Usman and Khabib for not going up

Because p4p and all-time lists exist. For example, if people were calling him the best p4p fighter on the planet, or the GOAT MW, then clearly he would be overrated.

what is the question LOL

is he overrated? fuck no

is he the greatest fighter to ever live? who fucking knows. He's just now separating himself from other champs in terms of title defenses.

When being compared to Silva then yes he is overrated.

Anderson had finishing ability at any moment, whether it be striking or submission.

Silva would’ve made a fool out of journeyman Jan Blachowitz, imo

Overrated or amazing? Something in between I think.

This is why Khabib, and Usman, etc. don't wanna go up in weight, if you lose you get all this shit. Jan had like 30 lbs. on Izzy, but people will still never see him as invincible again

And these are the same people who will shit on Usman and Khabib for not going up

people should be required to have a minimum IQ of 70 to post on this forum but i guess equality and shit rules out

I think he is overrated.

I did not like what I saw from him on his back. Yes, he got back to his feet, but his guard seemed pretty loose and hectic, and Vettori isn't exactly Tim Kennedy. His ground game is a blind spot, his takedown defense still has holes, and he also depends a lot on his opponents giving him openings to counter, which leads to close, uneventful stalemates in specific match ups. He is just not very good at initiating offensive, and relies very heavily on counter striking.

I think he has too many limitations, both offensively and defensively. What he does well, he does superlatively well. But he's just not well rounded enough.

He is the best MW and a very good fighter but no-one overrates Izzy than Izzy himself. Some of his antics are shameful i.e burping on people. Surprised Vettori didn't slap him in the mouth.

Back