is is CONFIRMED that UFC 158 is an all WW card?

I hope you are wrong but I have a feeling if Diaz no shows at the last minute GSP won't fight Hendricks. Preparing to fight Diaz is a lot different than Hendricks. I assume GSP would want a full camp to prepare for Hendricks.

I was thinking after the fights but your point makes sense too. You can't be 100% sure with Nick Diaz.

Has Diaz even signed to fight GSP yet? I don't think its happened as he wants to get paid?

I personally would like this card more if it WASNT all WW

Add Kongo vs Carwin there and another fight in a diff weight class...

Carwin allegedly isn't sure if he's even going to return according to Dana.

As for it being a confirmed all 170 card? I haven't read anything either way about it. I'm not opposed to the concept I suppose. The all heavies card generated a lot of positive buzz. I probably wouldn't want to watch an all MW card or anything but I get the idea. Themed events tend to be easier to promote.

I mean at this point they've sold the card with GSP/Diaz, Condit/Macdonald and Ellenberger/Hendricks. That said if the rest of the main card turned out to be all 170, basically akin to something like this:

GSP vs Diaz
Condit vs Macdonald
Ellenberger vs Hdnericks
Matt Brown vs Mike Pyle
Patick Cote vs Jason High

Then I suppose bigger tragedies have occurred in MMA.

Carwin allegedly isn't sure if he's even going to return according to Dana.

As for it being a confirmed all 170 card? I haven't read anything either way about it. I'm not opposed to the concept I suppose. The all heavies card generated a lot of positive buzz. I probably wouldn't want to watch an all MW card or anything but I get the idea. Themed events tend to be easier to promote.

I mean at this point they've sold the card with GSP/Diaz, Condit/Macdonald and Ellenberger/Hendricks. That said if the rest of the main card turned out to be all 170, basically akin to something like this:

GSP vs Diaz
Condit vs Macdonald
Ellenberger vs Hdnericks
Matt Brown vs Mike Pyle
Patick Cote vs Jason High

Then I suppose bigger tragedies have occurred in MMA.

i like brown vs pyle but would change cotes op to jordan mein. i personally would put a good HW or LHW fight on the main for a different look as it were.

GSP vs Diaz
Condit vs Macdonald
Ellenberger vs Hdnericks
Matt Brown vs Mike Pyle
hw or LHW fight

with

Cote vs Mein as fx main prelim.

i like brown vs pyle but would change cotes op to jordan mein. i personally would put a good HW or LHW fight on the main for a different look as it were.

GSP vs Diaz
Condit vs Macdonald
Ellenberger vs Hdnericks
Matt Brown vs Mike Pyle
hw or LHW fight

with

Cote vs Mein as fx main prelim.

What about Brown vs Hardy on there, and throw Kos vs Diego part three in there for some good fun!

You gotta add one solid HW fight that guarantees a Knock-out, because so far those three fights have all the makings of UD'S! Maybe Johnny VS. Jake won't be a UD, but they might both be scared of the others power and circle the ring for 15 minutes.

You gotta add one solid HW fight that guarantees a Knock-out, because so far those three fights have all the makings of UD'S! Maybe Johnny VS. Jake won't be a UD, but they might both be scared of the others power and circle the ring for 15 minutes.

You could add Matt brown vs Dan hardy and kampman vs Diego 2 and even if they weren't finishes you know they would be exciting.

What about Brown vs Hardy on there, and throw Kos vs Diego part three in there for some good fun!

brown vs hardy or brown vs pyle is cool with me. Kos is fighting lawler at 157.

EDIT: diego is fighting gomi in japan.

Oh btw this is not and will not be an offical "all the WW's" card. I can't imagine it could be.

I think if it was gonna be all WWs they would have put Fitch Maia and Kos lawler on there.

I'd be willing to bet they do Cote vs Kampmann. They like to bring the same fighters back to the same areas and at 154 Cote got the most cheering from the crowd other than GSP and Kampmann is a winnable fight for Cote

I like the Pierce/Pyle and Hardy/Brown ideas.

Back