Is Holly Holm ready for a title shot?

I'd like to see her against a wrestler first but if she passes that test, she's ready. Not saying she'll win but I've said for years she's the one person outside of Cyborg that COULD give Ronda problems.

Holm has been really good at avoiding the ground game so far but I really want to see her taken down and how she fairs.

Why bother? No one else in that division has had to prove themself against a wrestler.

She gets completely eaten on the ground by Rousey. She just doesn't have any way to stop her.

Everyone gets eaten alive by Ronda on the ground. But Holm has had more fight experience than most of Ronda's challengers.

She has the tools to outpoint anyone in the weight class , including ronda if she could keep it standing. I would have liked to sse her fight tate. To my untrained eye she seems better than tate.
Tate would wreck Holm IMO. Sure Holm probably has better standup than Tate, but I don't see her keeping that fight standing.

Everyone gets eaten alive by Ronda on the ground. But Holm has had more fight experience than most of Ronda's challengers.
Including boxing she does, but boxing isn't MMA and thus doesn't help her one bit as soon as some of the better grapplers in the division get their hands on her.

She has more fight experience than Rousey's opponents and Rousey too. Holly has been trading leather for a while. Her grappling still just isn't there. Experience will not save her where we technique severely lacks. This is coming from one of the few people on sherdog that still likes watching Holly. She's not ready.

listen,if Holly jabs & kicks and counter attacks Ronda without getting taken down she has a chance at a decision.

Including boxing she does, but boxing isn't MMA and thus doesn't help her one bit as soon as some of the better grapplers in the division get their hands on her.

Even if you disregard her boxing career, she still started in mma before Ronda and two of her challengers, McMann and Bethe.

She should get a stoppage victory in the UFC first ideally.

Not because it makes a difference one way or the other for her chances to beat Ronda but because it will give the UFC some more recent footage to promote her with and it will make people think she is dangerous.

She should get a stoppage victory in the UFC first ideally.

Not because it makes a difference one way or the other for her chances to beat Ronda but because it will give the UFC some more recent footage to promote her with and it will make people think she is dangerous.

That's a reasonable expectation. She looked dominant prior to the UFC and has barely won since joining the organization. But then, Miesha didn't look that great against Rin Nakai, Liz Carmouche and Sara McMann. If she can get a stoppage victory that would definitely raise her up and she said she wants to fight again soon.

No. She kickboxed at air for most of her last fight. I've been very unimpressed by her lack of JJ-like striking, after all the hype talk.

Holly Holm
*Cyborg (no steroids, @135 lbs)
Tate III
Amanda Nunes looking tough

I think Dana and the brass might think Holm nerds a few more fights for RR but she has good striking ability, I think RR will ultimately sub her but who else is exciting to face RR right now?! Nunes looking pretty tough in her last few fights.

Give Holly a break. She has another 10-15 years before she faces someone in the top 5.

I mean if Bethe can get a title fight after fighting nobodies, I don't see how Holm isn't ready for a title fight.

There have been other contenders less worthy than her. I think she could use a bit of work with her grappling but if they're going to offer her a title shot she should definitely take it.

Dude, shes had the slowest career in the division. Ronda, McMann and Bethe have all challenged for the title in less time.

Yea but look how Bethe and McMann did. I think that the UFC is pretty set with Tate 3 right now, then hopefully cyborg but even if not maybe nunes, then in like a year and a half we can see holm do it

Back