Is Holly Holm ready for a title shot?

Give her another fight, and she'll be 3-0 in the octagon and Dana can start up the hype machine and you got yourself a fight.

it seems obvious to me that to this point nobody has been ready to fight ronda. the ufc will keep feeding her these types until she retires unfortunately.
logic and the ufc don't belong in the same sentence.

If Holm wins her next fight or two, then why not?
It's not like that division is stacked.
To lazy to quote the guy in here who said that Nunes should fight Holm for a shot at Ronda. Not a bad idea imo.
The champ's gotta defend against somebody.
Not her fault the division is thin.

I'd like to see her against a wrestler first but if she passes that test, she's ready. Not saying she'll win but I've said for years she's the one person outside of Cyborg that COULD give Ronda problems.

Holm has been really good at avoiding the ground game so far but I really want to see her taken down and how she fairs.

I think she and Nunes could keep distance on Rhonda and drag the fight into later rounds (compared to Rhonda's last few fights, so let's say round 3)

I'd like to see her tested a bit more. I wasn't entirely impressed by her last two fights. Maybe give her Nunes or Davis.

She gets completely eaten on the ground by Rousey. She just doesn't have any way to stop her.

Holly hasn't proved much in the UFC, she hasn't beat any ranked fighter and hasn't showed too much improvement, Holly doesn't have any power Ronda is just going to walk through her punches and get the take down.

isnt holly holm like a 18 time "world champ" boxer? without having fought outside new mexico?

I think she gets subbed by Rhonda, but she lasts longer than most. She hasn't been impressive, but I will say that she does seem to be athletic and moves very well. Styles make fights and with her style I can see her scoring some points by staying on the outside and having the ability to move around Rhonda. Not for 5 rounds though.

Define "ready". She's just as ready as all of Rousey's previous opponents have been I guess. Problem is her two UFC fights have been absolute stinkers and her grunting is obnoxious as hell.

She has the footwork and jab that Rondas challengers up until now has sorely lacked, so that's something. Unfortunately, she doesn't have much else to back that up with.

Holly will get the title shot soon, as Ronda widdles down the list.

She has the tools to outpoint anyone in the weight class , including ronda if she could keep it standing. I would have liked to sse her fight tate. To my untrained eye she seems better than tate.

Back