Is Holly Holm ready for a title shot?

fightdonttweet

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
She actually made her mma debut before Ronda, McMann or Bethe did. This is on top of over a decade's worth of boxing and kickboxing fights. How much longer should she get to improve?

Holm had her first pro fight before Rousey, but Rousey had 3 amatuer fights. So Rowdy was fighting in MMA before Holly.

Rousey climbed the ladder as fast as she could, while Holm stayed hidden away fighting in a promotion her manager owned and was fed cans to pad her record.

And?

IMO, she needs approximately 30 more years of development to face Ronda (give or take 2 years).

Another great thread to pull up, more laughs

No.

But I wouldn't be opposed to seeing her go face down ass up either.

No and at 33 with seemingly no improvements in her sparring sessions she calls fights I'll say she'll never be ready.

Doesn't mean she won't get one though.

*Looks at Bethe

Not even close, but stranger things have happened.

Any girl is as good as the other at this point.

Id rather holly than see Tate get her arm broken again.

Rather see her or nunes get the shot over meisha.

Even though meisha deserves the shot this time.she didnt deserve his first shot so screw her for a while

I wouldn't mind her seeing vs. Nunes for a shot at Rousey. I'm also a big fan of hers and have seen every one of her MMA fights live in person that were before her move to the UFC

She actually made her mma debut before Ronda, McMann or Bethe did. This is on top of over a decade's worth of boxing and kickboxing fights. How much longer should she get to improve?

apparently you havent watched any of her recent fights...

no

not at all

not even close

unless you want to see her get subbed in 13 seconds

feed her zingano and than she's ready but i have a feeling ronda will duck and dana will oblige.

Might as well give her one now. She is never ever going to beat Ronda anyway. At least then we can put this silly debate to bed and forget about boring Holly Holm.

No, but it's not like there are many more options either.

No. but there are no more fights to be made so I guess...

Doesn't really matter at this point. The gap in talent between Ronda and the rest is too big. Holm will never be someone that will actually challenge Ronda. The problem is, there aren't many other fights to make. It just depends on how well the ufc can promote it.

Holly made her MMA debut 3 weeks before Ronda lol.
Ronda has fought the best competition that WMMA has now, Holly is only 2 fights in the UFC.
I dont think Holly will be at Ronda's level, i thought before making her UFC debut Holly would be a good fight for Ronda but she hasn't looked impressive in the UFC yet.
Ronda would easily smoke her.

apparently you havent watched any of her recent fights...

no

not at all

not even close

unless you want to see her get subbed in 13 seconds

Ready as in should she get the shot, not that she'll win. Ronda was 4-0 when she got the shot. Holm has been given more development time than any of the other women.

She's last longer than Ronda's last opponents, combined.

Back