Is Herb Dean on the herb?

Peregrine01

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Herb looked completely disengaged today, like he was sleep walking. He was so far away from the action that he had no chance of intervening if the situation called for it. It looked like he was just a spectator out there, completely not in control of the fight.

Utterly terrible and irresponsible refereeing.

Referees should have a strong presence all through the fight. Herb Dean was just chilling in the back like a fan.

Rosenthal hooks him up with the good shit.

cxpUMPs.jpg

Yeah there's a moment where he just had his hands behind his back like he was just watching as a fan bit odd...whole fight was odd. Old age silva fights are just bizarre.

Herb looked completely disengaged today, like he was sleep walking. He was so far away from the action that he had no chance of intervening if the situation called for it. It looked like he was just a spectator out there, completely not in control of the fight.

Utterly terrible and irresponsible refereeing.

Their was absolutely no money deposited into his offshore bank account by the UFC so he was only going thru the motions of acting like a ref.

That's interesting because I don't recall a single fight that Rosenthal has reffed in which he wasn't dialed in. Herb should have his license revoked.
Munoz vs Weidman finish was terrible on Rosenthal's behalf.

Wish he was

He'd take his time instead of all those early stoppages

I blame bisping a lot for that mess but herb was an idiot. he yelled something along lines of break a second before andy drilled him. y are u yelling someone like that when u r in no position to do so

Munoz vs Weidman finish was terrible on Rosenthal's behalf.

I didn't think that was a late stoppage. Sometimes fighters go out and refs just simply can't react fast enough. Rosenthal was there but realistically couldn't do much more to prevent further damage.

Herb was on the other side of the damn cage. For most of the fight I couldn't even see him in the frame.

I didn't think that was a late stoppage. Sometimes fighters go out and refs just simply can't react fast enough. Rosenthal was there but realistically couldn't do much more to prevent further damage.

Herb was on the other side of the damn cage. For most of the fight I couldn't even see him in the frame.
He could have stopped the fight after the first two shots Munoz took after a hellbow.
It is widely considered a major late stoppage. Come on haha.

That's interesting because I don't recall a single fight that Rosenthal has reffed in which he wasn't dialed in. Herb should have his license revoked.

Pfft.. Munoz clearly disagrees with you.

He could have stopped the fight after the first two shots Munoz took after a hellbow.
It is widely considered a major late stoppage. Come on haha.

It's easy to pinpoint in hindsight when the stoppage ideally should have occurred. In real time, it's much harder to do. My point is about positioning - Rosenthal was right there. Herb couldn't even be seen. During that crucial final seconds to the 3rd, he was late picking up on the fact that Bisping lost his mouth piece - and STILL didn't intervene to give it back to him. There was complete confusion.

It's quite simple, Herb has been using TRT, he's injured and he wasn't at sea level

It's easy to pinpoint in hindsight when the stoppage ideally should have occurred. In real time, it's much harder to do. My point is about positioning - Rosenthal was right there. Herb couldn't even be seen. During that crucial final seconds to the 3rd, he was late picking up on the fact that Bisping lost his mouth piece - and STILL didn't intervene to give it back to him. There was complete confusion.
Okay I see your point. Completely agree.

herb may not be high, but he does have a coincidental habit of reffing fights with outcomes that the ufc would likely prefer, aside from maybe holm vs rhousey--not even herb could have not stopped that fight at the end.

had teh roles been reversed, though, you can bet your ass that he woudl have stopped that in the first.

Back