Is Henry Cejudo the greatest combat athlete of all time?

Henry-Cejudo-best-UFC-fighter-GettyImages-1148664728.jpg

People are sleeping on this guy because he's a meme but his credentials are actually off the charts.
Not only is he an Olympic gold medalist in one of the deciplines of MMA but he's defeated some of the greatest fighters of all time and I'm not just talking about contenders but the man dethroned the greatest flyweight of all time in mighty mouse who was also widely considered as a potential GOAT.
He beat the greatest Batamweight of all time in Dominic Cruz and he also dispatched T.J in record time when he was creating a legitimate case for being the no.1 pound for pound fighter in the world who was also juiced to the gills aswell.

TJ wasn’t juiced, he popped for EPO

how big is the talent pool for people his size? so no obviously not.

People are sleeping on this guy because he's a meme but his credentials are actually off the charts.
Not only is he an Olympic gold medalist in one of the deciplines of MMA but he's defeated some of the greatest fighters of all time and I'm not just talking about contenders but the man dethroned the greatest flyweight of all time in mighty mouse who was also widely considered as a potential GOAT.
He beat the greatest Batamweight of all time in Dominic Cruz and he also dispatched T.J in record time when he was creating a legitimate case for being the no.1 pound for pound fighter in the world who was also juiced to the gills aswell.
When it’s all laid out there like that it’s hard to deny.

Between only mma fighters? Probably yeah.

But when you just say ''greatest combat athlete'' he is definitely not, as there are several great boxers who both won the olympic gold medal and become the undisputed boxing champion later, Ali comes to our mind first.

Fights at women weight so no.

Yes, because this "title" implies multiple disciplines.

If Overeem ever gets UFC gold, he would be in the discussion

In my mind, he only has 1 loss on his record, that Benavidez fight was a horrible robbery.

His accomplishments are insane, I wouldn't be suprised to see him fighting at 145 for the belt within the year. I think Dana will book it.
He was lucky UFC did not care about Mighty Mouse as the champ. Otherwise, the fight would have ended like Volk/Max 2 and Jones/Reyes.

Cejudo has a great resume, but is yer another big name fighter who retired way too early.

I don't like the guy, but yeah he has some serious creds. I think the pool was shallow and I think some of his wins were over fighters beyond their primes, but Henry couldn't help that and it isn't like he ducked competition. He's certainly not the MMA GOAT, but when you lump in all combat sports it's tough to argue against him. An Olympic gold metal is some serious shit to add to your resume.

In my mind, he only has 1 loss on his record, that Benavidez fight was a horrible robbery.

You must not have been paying attention, rewatch it. Benavidez clearly won rounds 2 and 3.

The guy is a clown but he actually has a very strong argument as the GOAT combat sports athlete. His childish antics are obscuring his achievements though.

Back