Is Henry Cejudo the greatest combat athlete of all time?

He is accomplished but not even close to the greatest Haha. Its laughable.

I hate when idiots do this bullshit.

All those wins are legitimate, and beating the dominant DJ, after losing the first round on a bum leg, is just insane. Youre pathetic.
Dj beat him, he got gifted that "win". Its called an opinion and many agree with it.

PS: You're not going to go very far in life constantly calling people names to cover up you're own insecurity's.

There’s definitely a very strong argument for most accomplished. It would really only be between him and Floyd Mayweather. Which do you value more? The Olympic gold medal, or winning more titles within your own sport? Floyd won 15 titles at 5 different weight classes (boxing has a million weight classes though and a bunch of different belts at each weight class), and Henry won Olympic gold, plus the championship at 2 weight classes.

Not gold medal but let's not forget Floyd also has an olympic medal himself aswell to just add that to the discussion.

Not gold medal but let's not forget Floyd also has an olympic medal himself aswell to just add that to the discussion.

Yeah. It was only bronze, but he was also clearly robbed in the semis due to Olympic corruption. But it’s still between those two guys imo.

In my mind, he only has 1 loss on his record, that Benavidez fight was a horrible robbery.

His accomplishments are insane, I wouldn't be suprised to see him fighting at 145 for the belt within the year. I think Dana will book it.
It wasn't a horrible robbery. I thought Henry won but it was close. Cejudo landed the harder shots.

I hate when idiots do this bullshit.

All those wins are legitimate, and beating the dominant DJ, after losing the first round on a bum leg, is just insane. Youre pathetic.

That win is very debatable.
The fight was very close and most fans agree that Cejudo didn't win this fight.
When you dig a little deeper than raw emotion you quickliy understand most of those wins are not that great.

The time will tell us for sure but I think in like 10 years most will agree that his strenght of shedule was quite low compare to goats and greats

No. And that's a ridiculous thing to even ask.

The title of “Greatest Combat Athlete” is something that Rogan made up to describe fighters who were very successful in multiple disciplines. So far, it has only been used to describe gold medalist wrestlers who are also multi division UFC champs. DC also loves this concept and has latched onto it with a predictable fervor befitting his massive ego.

My question is, how will we rate a hypothetical multi division UFC champ who was also an accomplished kick boxer (or other striking art) as opposed to wrestling? Take Izzy, for example. If he captures LHW gold, will he then be the GCAOAT? Or what about a UFC champ champ who was BJJ world champion?

Imagine some random kid one day decides he wants to win a gold fucking medal in the olympics AND become a double champ in the ufc in 2 different weight classes and also defend the belt in each weight class. That shit sounds impossible. You have to be a really special kind of athlete. what Cejudo did will probably never be accomplished again.
He is a cringe dude and a short man, but he is in fact the greatest combat sports athlete of al time.

Mayweather is my answer but here is a shout:

As for Henry, he had a great career but he wasn't at the top of his sport for nearly long enough to be in these types of talks.

No, it's either Jones or GSP. Both defeated three generations of fighters, old school, current school and new school.

There's just something different about these Olympians mindsets. Their drive and ability to reach the highest level is amazing to me and they aren't even necessarily physically imposing specimens (ie Henry, Daniel, Ronda, etc) but they are on a different level when it comes to motivation. I get a kick out of Henry's shtick tbh, I think he's funny as hell and for being a small guy he's definitely up there.

TJ looked like death cutting to 125, no way that didn't have any significant impact on his performance.

Cruz was also a great win but he was coming off a 3.5 year layoff due to injuries. IMO his win against Moraes is better than both wins over TJ and Cruz.

Cejudo's resume looks very good (and it is), but dig deeper and it's not THAT good. Context is everything. He's one of the greatest combat athletes of all time, but not the greatest.
He’s great! Not being a hater but he competes in smaller weight classes. Smaller talent pool (pun not intended).

I thought he lost the second DJ fight. So, no.

Cejudo has had an impressive career in combat sports. Has there been another fighter to hold two belts simultaneously, both of which were defended during that reign?

Back