Is Henry Cejudo the greatest combat athlete of all time?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Henry-Cejudo-best-UFC-fighter-GettyImages-1148664728.jpg

People are sleeping on this guy because he's a meme but his credentials are actually off the charts.
Not only is he an Olympic gold medalist in one of the deciplines of MMA but he's defeated some of the greatest fighters of all time and I'm not just talking about contenders but the man dethroned the greatest flyweight of all time in mighty mouse who was also widely considered as a potential GOAT.
He beat the greatest Batamweight of all time in Dominic Cruz and he also dispatched T.J in record time when he was creating a legitimate case for being the no.1 pound for pound fighter in the world who was also juiced to the gills aswell.

In my mind, he only has 1 loss on his record, that Benavidez fight was a horrible robbery.

His accomplishments are insane, I wouldn't be suprised to see him fighting at 145 for the belt within the year. I think Dana will book it.

robbed Dj
beat concentration camp TJ
beat old Cruz

His only legit elite win is Moraes.

The strengh of schedule is quite low

TJ looked like death cutting to 125, no way that didn't have any significant impact on his performance.

Cruz was also a great win but he was coming off a 3.5 year layoff due to injuries. IMO his win against Moraes is better than both wins over TJ and Cruz.

Cejudo's resume looks very good (and it is), but dig deeper and it's not THAT good. Context is everything. He's one of the greatest combat athletes of all time, but not the greatest.

Henry-Cejudo-best-UFC-fighter-GettyImages-1148664728.jpg

People are sleeping on this guy because he's a meme but his credentials are actually off the charts.
Not only is he an Olympic gold medalist in one of the deciplines of MMA but he's defeated some of the greatest fighters of all time and I'm not just talking about contenders but the man dethroned the greatest flyweight of all time in mighty mouse who was also widely considered as a potential GOAT.
He beat the greatest Batamweight of all time in Dominic Cruz and he also dispatched T.J in record time when he was creating a legitimate case for being the no.1 pound for pound fighter in the world who was also juiced to the gills aswell.
He believes that he is, and has mentioned something along those lines in quite a few interviews. He makes a good case for it. He just might be pound-for-pound anyway, but in an imaginary competition where all of the greatest combat athletes compete against one another, of course the big guys will stand atop the podium at the end of the competition, and the little guys like Cejudo won't do well at all because they're too little.

TJ looked like death cutting to 125, no way that didn't have any significant impact on his performance.

What about the significant impact the steroids in TJ's system would have had on his performance if Cejudo didn't sleep him in the first minute.

robbed Dj
beat concentration camp TJ
beat old Cruz

His only legit elite win is Moraes.

The strengh of schedule is quite low

I hate when idiots do this bullshit.

All those wins are legitimate, and beating the dominant DJ, after losing the first round on a bum leg, is just insane. Youre pathetic.

He's certainly the greatest manlet sized athlete in this area

What about the significant impact the steroids in TJ's system would have had on his performance if Cejudo didn't sleep him in the first minute.
What about the EPO and roids in his system?
Damn I actually completely forgot he tested positive lol. Ty for reminding me.

Regardless, I still think that weight cut was too much for TJ.

There’s definitely a very strong argument for most accomplished. It would really only be between him and Floyd Mayweather. Which do you value more? The Olympic gold medal, or winning more titles within your own sport? Floyd won 15 titles at 5 different weight classes (boxing has a million weight classes though and a bunch of different belts at each weight class), and Henry won Olympic gold, plus the championship at 2 weight classes.

Back