Is Hendo a small mw

johnyboy

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
They showed him weighing 199 before his fight. If I remember correctly gsp is said to walk around at 195. Would it be possible for Hendo to be a huge ww or am I way off?

He can't possibly cut that much healthily at his age but yes, if Hendo was 10-15 years younger he would fit in well with today's WWs.

Weight cutting is the TRUE evolution in MMA.

I'd say there's a few welterweights about his size. He's too old to make the cut obviously but it's possible for someone his size.

I'd say he's around the average. In shape he's around 195lb so a cut of 10lb would seem to be in the middle.

Not really...he is at his peak shape at 200lbs. Even though there are MWs who can heavier offcamp, I think most of them are at their best at around 200lbs.

In terms of weight, he's about average for a MW, and very large for a WW. He doesn't look as big as he actually is because his body is so thick, solid, and tight.

I don't know,last time he fought at 185 was against Shields if i remember correctly and he said he had problems cutting weight and that's why he moved up.

I guess Hendo came through a time where weight classes were less of a big deal. He would of been the Hendricks of his generation though. Could you imagine his power at 170

He was light against Cormier but he looked pretty fit. I highly doubt he can make WW. He'd be a good sized MW, but not the biggest.

Not really...he is at his peak shape at 200lbs. Even though there are MWs who can heavier offcamp, I think most of them are at their best at around 200lbs.

Michael Guymon (couple fights in ufc) is about 6'0-6'1 and usually walks around at 190-200 lean muscle cuts down to 155.. that being said MW are usually a lot bigger

I don't know,last time he fought at 185 was against Shields if i remember correctly and he said he had problems cutting weight and that's why he moved up.

I'm pretty sure the fight with Vitor was 185 but yeah, Dan is too old to keep cutting weight. He mentioned in an interview that he does less cardio work now as it tires him too much leading up to fights.

Michael Guymon (couple fights in ufc) is about 6'0-6'1 and usually walks around at 190-200 lean muscle cuts down to 155.. that being said MW are usually a lot bigger

Damn that's a Crazy cut

I'm pretty sure the fight with Vitor was 185 but yeah, Dan is too old to keep cutting weight. He mentioned in an interview that he does less cardio work now as it tires him too much leading up to fights.

The fight with Vitor was at LHW......

Corey hill did that too. its uncommon for a reason, its a bad idea.

Corey hill did that too. its uncommon for a reason, its a bad idea.

Lol yea, but he was super skinny but tall.

joker1.jpg

He isn't 'small', but at 5'11 with 71" reach, he's smaller than any top-10 MW.

Closest are Munoz at 6' with 71" reach and Kennedy at 5'11 with 74" inch reach.

Hendo has competed above his natural weight for most of his career. His chin, h-bomb and wrestling makes him competitive with anyone, but at 43, given his lack of speed and size, he still has a lot of disadvantages even at MW.

Back