Is having children.....

It's the act that has been necessary to continue humanity as long as there has been humanity. Don't over think it. You want them and can house and feed them, have them. If you cannot, be careful.

I'm going to say it is moral for scientific exploratory reasons.

Think about it this way...

As far as we know humanity is the only species smart enough to continue growing, intellectually, to,a point where we can solve the mysteries of the universe.

Lest we leave a universe with no thought and no emotion behind.

That's a big assumption, as I am considering it and I am their child.

Also, am I too assume you think there is some awesome soul waiting room where all the unborn people hang out having orgies?

Marco, come on buddy, you know your parents had you not for your happiness but for theirs. They didn't start caring about the way you felt until you were born. Everything that went into the decision to have you was 100% about them. And that's ok. As long as they treated you well once you got here, that's the best you can hope for. And by the way you speak it sounds like you love your parents and they treated you well so that's great. But let's not turn the obvious stuff on its head.

I'm going to say it is moral for scientific exploratory reasons.

Think about it this way...

As far as we know humanity is the only species smart enough to continue growing, intellectually, to,a point where we can solve the mysteries of the universe.

Lest we leave a universe with no thought and no emotion behind.

or in the other direction...

Marco, come on buddy, you know your parents had you not for your happiness but for theirs. They didn't start caring about the way you felt until you were born. Everything that went into the decision to have you was 100% about them. And that's ok. As long as they treated you well once you got here, that's the best you can hope for. And by the way you speak it sounds like you love your parents and they treated you well so that's great. But let's not turn the obvious stuff on its head.

I honestly don't think it was anything beyond: families have kids we will too.

Having children is the purpose of human life... maybe not your life but everyone's collective life on this earth. If anything its selfish to not have children.

most developed countries have stagnant or slowly increasing populations due to urbanization/industrialized societies. advances/improvements in healthcare, nutrition, sanitation, and wages decrease death rates while increase in contraception/womens rights decrease birthrates. as a result both birth and death rates are low

dtm.jpg

I think this is an older chart, maybe? Pretty sure most western countries are in the final stage in that graph. Check out the fertility rates:

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/population-by-country/

having children is extremely selfish if one can't adequately provide for said children. that means the child is essentially dicked, and more than likely going to need assistance from others that actually earn keep.

them strong, independent women....on gov assitance. great decision

By the way, I think for a lot of guys it's a purely selfless act. They do it to make their partner happy. Or a purely selfish act. They do it to make their partner happy.

Having children is the purpose of human life... maybe not your life but everyone's collective life on this earth. If anything its selfish to not have children.

How do you know having children is the purpose of human life? What's your evidence? And how do you know life has purpose?

No, it's apart of life.

We want to bring our gene pool into the next generation and so forth.

Last edited:
How do you know having children is the purpose of human life? What's your evidence? And how do you know life has purpose?

You're here aren't you? You use everything that everyone has invented before you and learn everything everyone has already figured out and applied it to the collective progression of human life. Everything you do or don't do moves humanity forward just by simply existing...

Having a child adds a new person to exist and use everything available and potentially improve whatever it is they do to live a long life..... I think about this stuff all the time lol... might take a lot of words to explain it.

You're here aren't you? You use everything that everyone has invented before you and learn everything everyone has already figured out and applied it to the collective progression of human life. Everything you do or don't do moves humanity forward just by simply existing...

Having a child adds a new person to exist and use everything available and potentially improve whatever it is they do to live a long life..... I think about this stuff all the time lol... might take a lot of words to explain it.

What you're saying is not necessarily wrong, but it says nothing about the motive of people who decide to have children. I exist, I use technology, I may add something to the world, but none of those reasons have to do with why my parents decided to have me. My parents 100% didn't have me for the explicit purpose of moving humanity forward in any way. They had me because they thought it would fulfill them in some way and I'm 100% sure they did not deliberate about how I would feel about that decision. And I'm 100% sure they did not deliberate about the state of the world or the eventual and natural end of all human life when they decided to have me.

I love my parents though. I just accept that the reason I'm hear had to do 100% with their own personal fulfillment, nothing else.

Do people really choose it?

What you're saying is not necessarily wrong, but it says nothing about the motive of people who decide to have children. I exist, I use technology, I may add something to the world, but none of those reasons have to do with why my parents decided to have me. My parents 100% didn't have me for the explicit purpose of moving humanity forward in any way. They had me because they thought it would fulfill them in some way and I'm 100% sure they did not deliberate about how I would feel about that decision. And I'm 100% sure they did not deliberate about the state of the world or the eventual and natural end of all human life when they decided to have me.

I love my parents though. I just accept that the reason I'm hear had to do 100% with their own personal fulfillment, nothing else.

Its true they did have you because they maybe wanted to just raise a family, maybe you were an accident too but you may never know. Doesnt matter because the fact is your mom rode your dad hard and 9 months later you were born. Their personal reasons for concieving you dont matter because in the end they did it for humanity. They can say it was out of love but if god or whatever observes earths population and sees it growing and progressing they'll be happy with the results.

If everyone stops concieving today, the worlds population is 100% dead in like 100 years... and no, 99 year old men won't survive on their own without some help... Its over, and its selfish to not have kids. :)

What were you, raised by the State? Hell's your damage, Heather? Is it being faced with ennui or was it some traumatic incident that triggered this chain of ungrateful thoughts?

Essentially: are you suffering from boredom or emotional problems?

No.
I'm much happier having existed, then had I not existed.
To argue otherwise would be stupid.

Besides some places like Japan are losing people, having children there is good for society.
Even in Canada we only grow because of immigrants.

this.

TS, speak to someone about your depression.

most developed countries have stagnant or slowly increasing populations due to urbanization/industrialized societies. advances/improvements in healthcare, nutrition, sanitation, and wages decrease death rates while increase in contraception/womens rights decrease birthrates. as a result both birth and death rates are low

dtm.jpg

that doesn't disprove his point about Japan and Canada, which is factual.

Back