Is having a lot of kids morally wrong?

that's not really addressing anything other than hurling insults. it's a legitimate point that having 10+ children is a fucking environmental disaster.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33133712

yea, imagine if we were a nation of worthless fucks like the duggars all consuming at this pace. we'd be legitimate locusts.

there's a difference between a person having 3 kids (which is a lot) and the fucking duggars shitting out an entire clan of morons. you absolutely bet they are immoral fuckwits, even without their child molesting son. who i assume has been cured by now of his mental illness by asking jesus for forgiveness.

I can't take anything seriously that's written by anyone that doesn't know how to use the SHIFT key.

Too complicated of an issue, for broad generalizations like "morally wrong" to apply. Although in many instances it's probably socially irresponsible.

It would be a lot easier for people to take care of large families if we had a better welfare system in America, which I think would be a good idea.

In the past, the large family was the welfare system and Social Security when families lived on farms.

In the past, the large family was the welfare system and Social Security when families lived on farms.
If you have a lot of kids, you can just by an RV when you want to retire. Tell your 8 kids that your pulling in, hooking up to their utilities, tell them to keep your fridge full and you'll go to the next kid in a month.

Yes it is. There are way too many goddamn people here already. You're out of your fucking mind having 8 or 12 or 15 children.

There's a lot of kids out there in need of a good home already. I don't know why more people don't adopt. If I was married and we were looking to start a family, neither of which will ever happen, I would definitely adopt.

Depends if you're a good parent willing to put in the time and effort to properly raise a child.

True but despite their more developed welfare systems Europeans still have very low birth rates.

How does the quality of parenting compare? That was my angle on that. Higher birthrates would he good, but ensuring that the kids that are here are better-taken-care-of is what better welfare would do.

I plan to have 20 kids. With that many, odds are one of them is bound to be a success, and pay for my retirement. If not, well then society can foot the bill.

have as many as you want, just don't expect the state, nation and or anyone else to help pay for them.

In societies with low birthrates reliant on immigration, it would be beneficial for sustainability reasons if people had a lot of kids. Not everyone, but enough to stabilize the population numbers (or decrease the size slowly to account for automation while not being too disruptive)

In societies with high birth rates leading to social unrest you could make the case.
Or you could let people have 2 spouses . A lot of guys are running around anyway , we should just make it legal up to 2 . It makes more sense since we are living longer and even if you are a great match for each other 50+ years is a very long time to be with one person . This would also help couples who are having trouble conceiving and starting families when they are older potentially limiting the number of kids they can have before age related fertility problems .

if you can pay for them, completely, then no.

if you can't, then even one is too much

You can have as many kids as you can properly raise.

Back