Is Gustafsson ready for Jones?

Any time, any place. :icon_lol: Gus ain't afraid of no reach.

Not yet imo. He's going to have to sharpen up his sprawl and wrestling/grappling. Would like to see him verse a good grappler again before Jones.

what is the point of these threads? it's just going to be 90% jones nut huggers claiming that he has nothing for jones.

Machida rocked him in the first round of their fight but that just seemed to poke the bear and got himself a nap in the second round. Machida is not a knock out puncher so i'm wondering if Jones has a weak chin. Not many people can get close enough to test it and i'm wondering if any one but Gustafsson can keep him on the outside with his reach any pray to what ever god he believes in that Jones doesnt take him down. Jones has never been on his back so chances of ground and pounding him are slim.

what is the point of these threads? it's just going to be 90% jones nut huggers claiming that he has nothing for jones.

90% nuthuggers ??

ROFL most of the peeps on here probably dont like jones, but reality is reality. You can be a hater or you can be a realist.

Some folks dont think Gus is ready and I dont think he is ready for Jones. He needs a good year to work on his wrestling defense and striking defense(he gets hit too much) and then we can talk.

I would also like him to fight Rashad before Jones, but he wants to fight jones thats fine, I just dont see it going too well for him from what I saw from his last outings.

Silva and Shogun hit Gus way too much for my liking.

Machida rocked him in the first round of their fight but that just seemed to poke the bear and got himself a nap in the second round. Machida is not a knock out puncher so i'm wondering if Jones has a weak chin. Not many people can get close enough to test it and i'm wondering if any one but Gustafsson can keep him on the outside with his reach any pray to what ever god he believes in that Jones doesnt take him down. Jones has never been on his back so chances of ground and pounding him are slim.

Machida has very real knock out power.

He didnt rock jones, jones was throwing a low kick and machida hit him while he was throwing a leg kick and it took jones off his balance. Thats the speed of Machida, its the speed that kills not the power.

Bader has a chin like a tank, he doesnt get knocked out. Machida KOed Bader with the same punch he threw at jones.

Jones blocked part of the punch but Bader didnt and got put out. Machida has very real Knock out Power. You dont knock out Bader and not have it.

He also knocked out Rashad and knocked out Randy Couture with a flying kick.

Last edited:
Machida has very real knock out power. He didnt rock jones, jones was throwing a kick and machida hit in while he was throwing a leg kick and it took jones off his balance.

Bader has a chin like a tank, he doesnt get knocked out. Machida KOed Bader with the same punch he threw at jones.

Jones blocked part of the punch but Bader didnt and got put out. Machida has very real Knock out Power. You dont knock out Bader and not have it.

You might if Bader is trying to do a 100 meter sprint into the punch

Hes not ready. He needs at least one more fighter to tighten up his game. I thought Shogun landed way too many shots on him.

This.

Also, both Hendo and Machida have to be considered in the running for a title shot.

You might if Bader is trying to do a 100 meter sprint into the punch

Its not the first time he has done that silly superman punch and gotten tagged with it.

Its the first time he was countered perfectly and thats machidas game and that drops you every time.

Rashad knows this very well.

Back