Is Gustafsson ready for Jones?

reapfate

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't see Sonnen beating Jones. Who besides Gustafsson is even in the running for an actual shot at the belt?

don't think he is even close. I would give Chael a better chance at beating Jones which doesn't say much.

I think Gus can do well, Jones can't take the shots Shogun took from Gus.

Machida/Hendo winner.

He should train a ton of wrestling, he already does but I think he's ready in all other aspects besides wrestling and maybe BJJ.

Hes not ready. He needs at least one more fighter to tighten up his game. I thought Shogun landed way too many shots on him.

I don't see Sonnen beating Jones. Who besides Gustafsson is even in the running for an actual shot at the belt?

Gustafson, Cormier, Machida, Texiera seem to be in the running to fight jones at LHW. After this silly TUFF stint with Sonnen.

Whether or not Gustafson is ready is up to perspective but he better get ready since he is going to get thrown to the wolves and the other elites in the division.

Gus didnt look great against Shogun but he did beat shogun decisively. In perspective to Jones he didnt show me he can deal with Jon but he is the next contender after Sonnen.

Anyone else think this whole Jones Sonnen thing is Sonnen being used as cannon fodder until some other viable LHW contenders fully maturate into legitimate contenders, simlilar to how GSP's ACL allowed new contenders to materialise at WW? by then the Gus hype train will be at full speed and he will atleast make a fight against Jones I would say

I'd like to see a quick Mousasi finish against Kyle, and have Gus fight gegard on the same card as Jones/Chael.

His ground game is no where near close. I can see Bones taking him down instantly and subbing him.

I think he is ready but I don't think he can win . I also would like to see Phil Davis . If glover gets past rampage I would love to see him .

Back