Is Gustafsson an entertaining fighter to you?

Don't let anybody convince you that its a bad thing. I love America, but this obsession that my generation has with being famous, and sharing every aspect of their life with the entire world, is starting to drive me crazy. Over here, its the opposite. Most people think they are far too important, and demand adoration without accomplishment.

You honestly think that's an American phenomenon, that is, posting every little thing that happens to them on social media sites? It's not. The US just happened to pioneer the big social media companies. Unprecedented self-absorption is pretty rampant in all the advanced Western countries now. I'll excluse third-world hellholes where they don't even own computers, let alone have time to post updates from their smartphones.

Yeah, I think he's entertaining. However, I don't think he has a very good chance of taking the belt away from JJ...

I think he's very entertaining. I like his attitude and aggressiveness. I don't think the UFC has a more promising prospect at the moment.

gustaffsons a good fighter but he honestly poses no threat to bones...he just doesnt appear to possess any skills that would trouble bones...he even seemed to struggle a little vs. an obviously washed up shogun...i think machida starches him easily...id def. favor evans over him too...phil davis beat him and would likely beat him again...hes def. top 10 but i dont consider him a top 5 fighter...

I think Gus is a top 5 fighter actually.

He is a good fighter. In not a fan but he is entertaining. In my opinion he should have at least one or two more fights to get ready for Jones. Hope he gets a TS soon!

I'd say so. Why would people say otherwise?

Thiago fight was a complete let down after the first round though.

He is a nice fighter to watch. Hope his chin wont give out anytime soon tho, his defence aint that great. Bit simular to Struve. They both take to much damage and rely on their chns to keep them up.

He's not really that exciting, but he's a good fighter nevertheless.

For sure. I love his style. Intelligence over brawling.

It's served him well so far. He unfortunately won't threaten Bones.

If Shogun's chin wasn't Huntesque, I think a lot of those that say that Gus has been dull lately wouldn't feel that way.

I think he is a very entertaining fighter, I am a big fan.

They weren't boring, just a bit dull. They way he fought was technically sound and interesting because it's effective, but I don't find myself on the edge of my seat because he's not committing to any real power shots or flurries that are going to actually end the fight.

The most interesting thing about his last fight was watching him walk through Rua's power shots like the fucking terminator. Who does that?

Anyway, good fights, just lacking the flair and drama of a truly entertaining match up.

Wtf were you watching? He rocked Shogun multiple times. People are going on about his strong chin from Shogun's punches but Gus landed a lot more power shots. He also rocked Thiago, though most of that fight was technical. But to say he didn't land power shots in the Shogun fight? Either you don't remember the fight or you have no clue what you were watching.

I find him entertaining, yes.

Not massively entertaining.

But he's okay.

You must be simple minded to think Glover Texeira is the best prospect.

I agree with this, mostly.
I love Glover, but the guy's 33, I doubt his game changes a ton before the end of his career.
Gus on the other hand is 25, already a rock-solid top-10/likely top-5 guy, and improves every time out. I think his ceiling is comparable to Davis and Jones in regards to how much he can develop in the future, even if he can never beat those guys.

Back