Is Gus immune to headkicks?

reapfate

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
He got caught with the most clean headkicks in a fight and shrugged them off. Maybe they lost force because of how tall he is but some still looked pretty solid.

He partially blocked most of them. I dont think any hit him clean. And let's not forget Jon has some twig legs.

He's on his way to the hospital with a concussion suppsedy, so I wouldn't say immune. He sure as shit has heart though to fight on through them.

Jones has shitty power and Gus has a sick chin.

Remember that thread about the size of gus neck? Boom.

Lookin like a modern day dan hendo beard

Most were blocked. Only a couple found their way through.

I watched Gus fight Shogun live and I was amazed at how he just shrugged off all of shoguns shots. His chin was underrated before, but now Sherdog will grab onto it and it will become goat level within a week.

"Shrugged them off"? I'm pretty sure those headkicks had a lot to do with him stumbling around in a daze at the end of the 4th and 5th. It's undeniably amazing he kept it standing the whole time, of course.

He's got a hell of a beard on him.

Gus simply has an amazing chin. He proved it against Shogun and now he proved it against an even better fighter in Jones.

Jones skinny ass chicken legs surely helped him.

I am impressed with those fucking elbows he ate..dude has an amazing chin

Not immune just a tough dude with a neck that looks like a tree.

I'f you're that tall, headkicks aren't very dangerous. It's a basic fact of physics. Lifting your leg that high with power is virtually impossible.

that and he has a good chin.

"Shrugged them off"? I'm pretty sure those headkicks had a lot to do with him stumbling around in a daze at the end of the 4th and 5th. It's undeniably amazing he kept it standing the whole time, of course.

I guess you missed the elbow that had him dazed, 5th round he was gassed more than hurt

Back