Is Guarana the same as caffeine

dragon50

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guarana has a substance called guaranine. Is it exactly the same as caffeine? I am asking because caffeine pills are cheaper than guaran pills.

Thanks

i would also like to know.. i heard guarana has the same effects as caffiene.. but i dunno the long-term effects of it....

i wouldn't recommend caffiene bcuz it hardens ur arteries increasing chances for heart disease later in life.. and caffiene is also addictive..

http://www.guarana.com/

There is no substitute for proper diet, workout routine, plenty of rest, and overall healthy lifestyle. There are several links on the page including background, FAQ, and history that should answer your questions.

LCDforMe said:
Why do you need to take caffeine pills?

Because I have 0 carbs for Breakfeast. This takes care of my hunger, but leaves me with no energy. The Caffeine gives me energy.

supersudo said:
i wouldn't recommend caffiene bcuz it hardens ur arteries increasing chances for heart disease later in life.. and caffiene is also addictive..

Where did read that it hardened your arteries? How/why does that happen?

My understanding is that they are the same, caffine is an active ingrediant in the guarana plant. Similar to how ephedra is the active ingrediant in ma huang. I always get caffine pills because normally the few cheap guarana pills that I have seen don't have a % standarized for caffiene. This means that per pill it can be different, and normally if an herb doesn't have the % active ingrediant, it isn't a high %. With caffeine I know what I'm getting.

From wikipedia, "The Guaran

Rjkd12 said:
Where did read that it hardened your arteries? How/why does that happen?

My understanding is that they are the same, caffine is an active ingrediant in the guarana plant. Similar to how ephedra is the active ingrediant in ma huang. I always get caffine pills because normally the few cheap guarana pills that I have seen don't have a % standarized for caffiene. This means that per pill it can be different, and normally if an herb doesn't have the % active ingrediant, it isn't a high %. With caffeine I know what I'm getting.

From wikipedia, "The Guaran

Yeah, we have GNC and Vitamin World which are pretty similar. Then there is Vitamin Shoppe or whatever that is like a superstore and has all the brands and sized etc.. They have OK prices, but I haven't bought much supps in a while and when I did take a lot I worked at GNC and got some pretty good discounts.

Back